Hi Andrew

Appreciate your time on this and dont worry, I'm in no immediate rush!! Days go by and I'm just happy for the help!!

So, just an update>

Don't worry you are getting there. First, you have changed the VRI type to 3 and saved it. You will get the code error message at the bottom of the Editor window as these lines are not true lua code. Does that line persist once you save it and call it back into the Editor? I have altered this value and it seems to stay the same once saved.

Once you have changed the config-VRI.lua file as above, you need to click on reload lua engine. This causes Linda to restart the configuration process. The FCU should flash again and display LINDA Init... in the left hand display. You also need to ensure the Aerosoft Airbus X FCU is select from the drop down. 

I did all of the above but to no avail. Combos still reads 'ready to fly'.

If it does not work. Try closing down FSX and LINDA. Switch on the FCU and then start LINDA first followed by FSX. DOES IT WORK NOW? Under LINDA does it say that everything is ok with the MCP? Tried this and Linda says everything is okay but still no combo and no control over any button mapping.

As I mentioned, the GUI (at present) is unchanged and will not show that LINDA is connected to the MCP2a or FCU. Neither can you assign or change any of the buttons to functions through the GUI. This is all behind the scenes in the file config-mcp2.lua. 

I cannot do anything more tonight. PM me with your contact number or Skype address and we can set up a one to one session. 

>

>

>

Hope I can discuss further over the weekend. Maybe a complete reinstall of Linda etc is in order...... I shall keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Jay

Jaystar has an MCP Combo (mentioned in second paragraph of his first post) not an FCU, this version of Linda isn't really relevant to him is it? Unless he is just helping you beta test backward compatibility with NON FCU (MCP2 Airbus) hardware. The old version of Linda already supports the AXE and MCP Combo/ MCP2 Boeing.

Cheers, Andy.

Thank you Andy.  That could explain it.  

Jaystar - Can you confirm which Combo panel you are using?  There are 3 types: the original MCP Combo, the MCP2 Boeing Combo and the MCP2A/FCU Airbus Combo.  If you have the original MCP then I do not believe you can change any of the settings; it is designed for general Boeing use.  As AndyDigital says, the MCP2 Boeing MCP already works with Airbus X Extended v1.16.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

To clear up any confusion, the MCP Combo the first MCP panel released in 2008/9 by VRi already works perfectly with Linda and the AXE, Linda was actually conceived on the original MCP Combo, support for the MCP2 Boeing and Airbus panel was added later and later still support for the FCU Airbus panel was removed again because its support was very basic and the displays were not used. This first 2008/9 panel is really the only one with Combo in the name, Combo was never really officially used in the name for the MCP2 panels even though technically they still are a combination of EFIS, MCP and Radio all in one device.

Cheers, Andy.

BETA 4DOWNLOAD

This is the fourth beta release of the Linda2Airbus LUA files for the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel providing full compatibility to Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It corrects an oversight where an important file that switches between the various Combo variants was missing. Apologises to anyone who tried the previous versions.

Instructions and details of the beta can be downloaded here:

LINDA Beta 2.00b4 notes.pdf

and the replacement LUA files here:

LINDA 2.00b4.zip

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BETA.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello ScotFlieger,

and thank's for your  work !  i have the FCU Airbus and i have same problem as Jaystar, that mean: in Linda all is green ok but no speed ans alt and the rest appears in my FCU...

I follows your instructions and like JayStar said i have the same problem ( for exemple) with the line one and line 2 and

in Linda come a error message:

...a-cfg/ aircrafts/ aerosoft Airbus X FCU/ config-hid.lua:3: attempt to index field 068EooF60 (a nil value)

Thank's for your help!

djije from Suisse

Hi djije

Thank you for your comments.

With your display problem, I looks like it is trying to write to the Boeing MCP.  Have you select 'Aerosoft Airbus X FCU' as your aircraft type?  After making this selection it can be useful to close and reopen LINDA. Also have you checked that file  /FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/system/config-vri.lua has the entry VRI["ENABLED"]=3. This is a manual override to fool LINDA into believing that it has a FCU attached. You will need to Reload Lua engine after doing this change.

The error message with config-hid.lua is strange as I have done nothing to this file.  This is associated with your joysticks. I suggest you copy the same file from your original /fsx/modules/aerosoft airbus X folder.

Andrew 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

bonjour ScotFlieger,

and thank's for your answer,

so when i want to change the entry: VRI(ENABLE)=3  i have this message: "there some error in your code, are you sure you want to save it?" then i say yes, i reload LINDA and in MCP COMBO i have in red " device disabled" and  at the end allways the same code error "...a-cfg..."

if i return to VRI(ENABLE)= 1 the device is enabled...

I check that  the aircraft is Airbus X FCU as well.

bououuu... :(

Hi Djije

As I pointed out to Jaystar, the /FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/system/config-vri.lua contains no valid Lua code so will produce an error (eg. Line: 6: attempt to index global 'VRI' (a nil value) stack traceback: \linda\lua\tmp.lua:6: in main chunk). It file contents should read for the Airbus FCU (the COMPORT may vary according your device port number):

VRI["ENABLED"]=1
VRI["TYPE"]=3
VRI["DEBUG"]=1

VRI["COMPORT"]=3

When LINDA has been reset you should see:

LINDAComboOK.jpg

If it is showing red, check which com port your Combo is connected to (using Device Manager) and that FSUIPC is correctly set.  Can you send me a screen shot or the full text of the error message you are seeing.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi everyone!!! Seems this topic is really heating up!!! I want to get back to the basics just so I can understand for myself!!!

So, to confirm, I have the VRinsight MCP Combo Airbus Panel 

I simply wanted it to synch with my Aerosoft Airbus X Extended software, - I.e reflect the speed, heading etc and manipulate the Efis etc etc.

On top of that I currently have one joystick inputs card where I wanted to then map additional buttons via Linda or any way that will allow me? I also have FSUIPC registered software which I thought would allow me to map buttons but doesn't seem that simple with this plane!!

With all this in mind, is there just a simple solution for me to have the combo control the software along with additional buttons being mapped too?

I think I have gotten massively confused with it all and I think the beta software which you guys kindly work on only applies to the FCU unit!! Am I right ?

Just need a breakdown of how I get all the above up and running!!

Cheers again

Jay

so, for me i have exactly what you write  if i don't change the 1 to 3 in VRI( ENABLED).

now i have " evrything is ok" in green but in the FCU no SPD/HDG / ALT .. is display ..

Sorry for my bad english..

djije

Hi Djije

No problem with your English -  my French is non-existent but I can do German.

There is obviously something wrong the files I have sent.  Check that you are using Beta 4 (above) as I missed out a key file (/FSX/modules/linda.lau) in earlier releases. By setting VRI type to 1, LINDA assumes that you have a MCP1 attached.  With VRI set to 3 what are you seeing on your 3 FCU displays?

Andrew 

Hi Jay

Thanks for confirming that you have the Airbus MCP Combo Airbus.  This is what I am calling the Airbus FCU and they are one and the same.  I understand your frustration and please bear with me.  There is something wrong with what I have published so far and Djije is having the same problem as you.  Please ensure that you have Beta 4 (above) installed with the key missing file (/FSX/modules/linda.lau).

I am afraid that software development is always hit by problems with different set ups.  So I would ask you to bear with me - I will get you sorted.  However, until I have managed to integrated the Airbus FCU into the LINDA graphical user interface (GUI) you will not have a simple means of mapping additional buttons.  I am presently 'reading' my way into the code kindly passed to me by the original development.  It is a massive job and will not have immediately.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

salut Andrew,

i confirm i have the Beta 4

With VRI to 3 i have the same display on FCU as well as the VRI to 1 : a mix with the normal blabla and some 000 appears on the FCU.

thank's for your answer .

djije

Hi Djije

That means that LINDA is not recognising this manual override to make it believe that the FCU is attached.  Set the VRI type to 3 again.  Then go to the Settings page and open Console.  Then click Reload Lau engine.

You should see the FCU "flash", display a LIND Init..  message in the left hand display and the Powered by LINDA v2.00b5 in the radio display. You should also see the following in the Console window. 

**************************** START ******************************
LUA.1: [iNIT] Loading...
LUA.1: [awg]VRI Type = 3
LUA.1: [awg]MCP Set = mcp2a
LUA.1:  Aircraft: Airbus A320 British Airways G-EUUU
LUA.1:  Aircraft module detected: Aerosoft Airbus X FCU
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-aivlasoft
LUA.0:  AivlaSoft library loaded...
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fallback
LUA.0:  FSX standard library loaded...
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fsx
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-IVAO
LUA.0:  IVAO library loaded...
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-realityxp
LUA.0:  RealityXP library loaded...
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-user
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-vrinsight
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-weather
LUA.0:  Weather library loaded...
LUA.0:  INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-a2amap
LUA.0:  A2A MAP library loaded...
LUA.0:  DSP MODE toggle: 1
LUA.0:  [awg]Initializing MCP2a (Airbus)
LUA.0:  RADIOS : Empty command for :: COM1 Select
LUA.0:  Loading a fallback joysticks config...
LUA.0:  Loading Aerosoft Airbus X FCU joysticks config...
LUA.0:  Module: Aerosoft Airbus X FCU Started...
LUA.0:  Ready to go, Captain!
LUA.0:  [awg]INIT VRI Read MCPcontrols
LUA.0:   Offsets watching list cleared!

If not please copy-and-paste the last block from the Console and post it to me.

Also if you operate any of the EFIS/FMCU controls, a line should appear in the Console like:

LUA.0:  [awg]MCPcontrols MCP2a [h=180461332, s=FCUALT +]

Again let me know if you see this.

Andrew

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

as i said if i change de VRI(ENABLE)=1 to 3 then there is a code error and de device MCP Combo is disabled, and in LINDA console come the red code error mentioned above..

i would like to send you that but i can't do that in the moment with the Windows 8 :unsure: :lol:

if Jay can test and do that... ^_^