Firstly i have to turn on the FCU.....
Then...start LINDA
Then...start P3D

Morning Doug

Thanks for the comment.  The order you describe is correct.  The FCU needs to be connected first along with all your joysticks, etc.  It is best to start LINDA next and connect to the MCP/FCU and then your flt sim (FSX or P3D). If things are not working, you can always restart by going to LINDA/Settings/Reload Lua engine.  This should reconnect.

Have you downloaded 2.03 beta?  All fault reports welcome.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

A problem has creep into the Default Radio functions in 2.0.3 which I am investigating. This affects only Boeing MCP2 panels; the Airbus FCU appears to be working correctly.

Please report any issues you discover.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hey matey,

yep - using the latest BETA 2.03...

Thanks for the confirmation on the order of things...

I was just wondering (me being a bit slowas time travels slow in this part of the world! LOL!!) ... is there a way to increase the time delay when changing modes i.e. from 20 seconds to a minute?

Just that I set buttons and then read my checklist and then push the next one only to discover the button function has changed... just a thought :)

Keep up the good work Andrew - this is indeed a labour of love that we do truly appreciate, after all, without this the AXE would be very limited with the FCU! Thanks again greatly!

Regards

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Hi Doug

I was just wondering (me being a bit slowas time travels slow in this part of the world! LOL!!) ... is there a way to increase the time delay when changing modes i.e. from 20 seconds to a minute?

I found Mode Change reversion time was too slow at 10 secs so I changed it to 20 secs.  It can be increased by users (I will need to look to tell you where) but would 60 secs be too long?

Busy sorting out the Radios FREQ knob fault. Hope to finish it tonight. I got other (real) work to do tomorrow.  And I would like to get to bed before midnight!

Andrew 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA 2.0.4 BETA 4 DOWNLOAD

This is the third beta release of LINDA 2.0 offering full-compatibility with the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel and the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It provides full GUI programming for the FCU by expanding LINDA's existing functionality.  It has been tested with both the Airbus FCU and Boeing MCP2 with the PMDG 737NGX and iFly 737NG aircraft.  While every effort has been made to provide backward compatibility with the original MCP, this has not been tested fully.

Many thanks for the feedback received.  This beta corrects issues with the Radios FREQ knob functionality.  It also corrects the display of the Mode names on change and extends the reversion delay for Mode changes to 40 seconds  (Airbus FCU only).

Instructions and details of the beta can be downloaded here  - PLEASE READ THEM FULLY:

LINDA 2.0.4 Beta notes.pdf

and the replacement LINDA installation files here:

LINDA 2.0.4 Installation Zip File

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BETA.  NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ADVERSE AFFECTS ON YOUR INSTALLATION.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.  Please report all error messages in full so that I can diagnose where any problem lay.

Please note that only a few days remain on the software development environment trial licence.  All problem report must be made before 12 Jun 2014 at the latest.  The final version will be released by 15 Jun 2014.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Release Candidate 0 for LINDA 2.0 is now available on the LINDA Download Forum.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks Andrew for all your hard tireless work on this! Getting this done and having a real life is not easy to juggle - so i guess from us all in other parts of the world...

WELL DONE MATE & THANKS!!! :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Thanks Doug. Enjoy the new freedom to fly your Airbus.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

Thanks for all your excellent work and advice on this forum. It's been an ongoing mission getting things to work and I wondered if we could get back to basics because I really need to re-install everything to get things running again!!

Problem I have is that I upgraded my Airbus X program to version 1.15 and of course that meant modifying the panel to get the PFD and ND screens to my other monitors but it also meant that the Aerosoft SDK message disappeared upon load up and I can't see Linda etc etc!!!

So, I have now uninstalled Airbus X because FSX kept CTD every time I tried loading it!! 

I need to uninstall everything including Linda and start again!! So, can you please just advise me on what I need from the start and in what order to load it!!! I'm not sure what I'm meant to be using to have the combo communicate with the airbus...I.e - VriSim basic package ...??? But then where did the SDK message go during the loading of FSX!!

I appreciate after everything I've discussed, this seems a bit dumb but for my own sanity and for future reference just a quick list so I can keep it as a reminder for future installation issues!!

Thanks again

Jay

Hi Jay

Sorry to hear about your problems. First, of all make a backup of you current config-mpa2.lua file. Next, I strongly recommend that you install into its own top level folder such as C:\FSX\. Then you need to install FSUIPC (latest version is 4.934) followed by LINDA 2.0.5 RC0 from the Linda Download thread; the comes with the latest Airbus X lua files (version 2.25b10). You mention that you are using Aerosoft Airbus X 1.15; the latest is 1.16. Install ABX followed by AXE SDK 1.09. Separately, install the latest VRiSim software released in May 2014. Run this and install the Airbus X options and Serial drivers making sure that you Airbus is visible on a com port. In LINDA 2.0.5 go to settings a setup the MCP to Airbus FCU and the correct com port.

All the above is from memory. I don't think I've missed anything but I can't guarantee that. Good luck.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

^_^

Doug 

Hi Andrew

Thanks again for all your help. It seems I have been able to re-install Linda and the correct version of Aerosoft Airbus X as per your last email. I have also ensured Airbus X FCU is selected within the Vrisim program upon loading but when I do press the 'Fly Now' button it gives me the message - 

fail to connect Aerosoft AirbusX Ext, vrisim

So, I think I'm missing some SDK or driver because I still dont have the message show up which indicates the Airbus X SDK has been loaded and you have to click on it to confirm!!

So, can you please let me know what I'm still missing here in order to link the Combo to Airbus X via Linda?

Thanks again.

Jay

Hi Jaystar

First of all I suggest you download and install the latest recently released versions of VRInsight software (at http://vrinsight.com/devel_shot/).  You need the Update 7 Jun 14 and the FCU Airbus Module.  These provide the interface between the FCU panel and ABX.

Secondly, check out the formal release of LINDA 2.0 (under LINDA Downloads thread).  Note that Aerosoft Airbus X FCU has lost the FCU suffix. PLEASE ensure that you back up your \LINDA and \LINDA-CFG folders and then DELETE those in your FSX Modules folder.

The third point to make is that if you are using LINDA, you do not need to run VRiSim.  These 2 programs do the same thing and will clash.  Hence, the error message you report.

To get things running, try the following order:

1.  Start LINDA and ensure that the MCP Combo is set to Type = FCU (airbus) and COM Port = the correct port (usually COM 3).

2.  Select Aerosoft Airbus X (previously Aerosoft Airbus X FCU for the betas).

3.  Start FSX and load your choice of Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321. During starting up FSX, your FCU panel lights should flash and display the FLY NOW message (ignore that) and then LINDA Init... and Aerosoft Airbus X before displaying the SPD/HDG/ALT/V/S info matching your onscreen aircraft. 

4.  On Linda, ensure FSX Sync is selected.

This should now work.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello again

Ooops!!! Now I have it working!! I totally forgot to ensure I had installed the Airbus SDK via the Vrisim panel install program!!

She's good to go now and the turn cycle of the altitude and speed knobs on the combo are much more precise now where as before there seemed to be a glitch and adjusting height was a nightmare!!

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

Jay

Well done Jaystar, glad you having things working.

The Jan 14 VRInsight software had a fault that made everything work slowly/intermittently. The latest version fixes that.  Great flying!

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK