Sign in to follow this  
TreeTops

Comments after first flight

Firstly, thank you for an excellent release. Everything seemed to work well. Each new aircraft release just builds on the previous ones. Very well done.

My comments...

1. After landing checklist - MFD 1 to doors.

By doing this action the taxi speed is not available anymore. Can this action be delayed until the parking?

2. There were a couple of stages prior to flight where the main panel didn't proceed to the next section but I think I will leave that until I try a few more flights. Probably issues my end.

3. Just a suggestion. Since the rudder trim is a big feature of this aircraft, can it be included to command the PNF to set the rudder trim to a value. (ie Rudder trim right 6)

So again Bryan and the testers, thanks again for a great product release.

best regards

Trev

Hi Trev,

Glad you like it and glad your first flight went well  :drinks:

1. Brendan Ratchford, our real-world Q400 consultant (and voice of the US FO :-), said the FO would set MFD 1 to doors for the Capt during his after landing flow.  I'll double check with him on the exact timing.

2. Fly the tutorial to the letter.  You're probably just missing the trigger point.  We tested this product hard for 3 weeks.  To guess, I suspect you're missing the "below the line" portion of the checklist.  The Modes usually auto cycle when you complete the checklist.

3. I'll consider that request for an update.

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick response Bryan.

Like I said, its most likely my end. I will try some more flights tomorrow.

Looking forward to the comments on the MFD1 to doors issue

Yeah, the FO would set the doors page in our flow- it got rid of the taxi speed and yes, sometimes I was curious what my readout was. I'd have to go down and turn it back to NAV. I guess the last leg of a four day trip, you didn't want to know, you just wanted to be at the gate "yesterday"

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thanks for the response Brendan.

One other thing I forgot to add last night was during descent before the line check, the Copilot announces he is going off one to talk to the PA and doesn't announce he is back on one but continues his check. Is this normal?

He (I) might have missed that. I usually would say I'm back and report done with the item. Does it seem obvious I'm back or is it just weird?

it is obvious you are back because you proceed with the checks, but the coms responsibility seems uncertain who is now monitoring.

It's funny that my real-world habits creep into the sim. :)

It's funny that my real-world habits creep into the sim. :)

keep that up !!

I was just pondering how this version somehow feels more personal, more genuine for lack of a better term, than other Fs2Crew releases.

cheers

I was just pondering how this version somehow feels more personal, more genuine for lack of a better term, than other Fs2Crew releases.

Possibly...

When I coded FS2Crew for the Q400, I copied the Airline's Flight Crew manual as close as I could.

However, the way things are described in the manual, and the way things are done in "actual practice" are sometimes different.

That's where Brendan came in to fill the gap.

Cheers,

hi ,, i have just got fs crew  for dash 8   its all in ok,, but get a fail on pannel and no sound ,,  but when i give commands the co poilt answers in txt form on sreen so i know it can hear on my headphones  ,its driving me crazy  can anyone help pleaseeeeeeeeee  ,, chrisrob57

but get a fail on pannel

Hi Chris,

You need to have the latest Majestic Dash 8 update installed otherwise you will get the "FAIL" message.

This is mentioned in numerous locations.

So please install the update, then re-enable FS2Crew.

Best,