Sign in to follow this  
Guest adlion944

To all who bought Lago's MadDog...

To all the people who bought Lago's MadDog, how does the VC look??? I'm missing floor textures with the install I bought from SimMarket.com. Do the rest of you guys have full VC textures and if so can you post a pic??? If possible can you also post what you guys are getting at night as far as lighting is concerned in the VC? Looks like I may need a new install...Thanks for you help guys, I just want to see is this problem isolated to me or what... This plane is setting up to be another classic in FS design... :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest mberg

I'll check on the floor panel. Were you able to get the operator's manual from the FS 2004 Lago icon?

Guest firehawk44

My install was from the Lago shop. No floor textures in my install either. Lighting in the VC is extremely dim. Sorry no pictures. There may be a switch to turn up the lighting (such as in the PMDG 737) but we probably won't know until the manual is released or someone finds it. In my display settings, the slider is up to 8 (the max) so that cannot be the problem. NBerg: According to the Lago forum, the manual is being delayed a "few days" due to problems translating it into english.Jim

Guest panda234

this is starting to sound like a micky mouse release...billg

Guest mberg

how do you start the thing? Other than ctl-e?

Guest secks

From what I've heard, the VC gauges are very jerky .. something on the order of .5 sec refresh. Ouch ...

I can't get the manual to work either mberg, thanks for responding...

FS2020 

"this is starting to sound like a micky mouse release..."I sure hope not because VC textures aside this is looking like a great product otherwise...

FS2020 

Secks whoever told you that gave you some wrong info. The VC gauges and framerate isn't a problem at all.... What I've found works for me is using only one processor on an HT compatible machine. Most issues like what you've mentioned above get resolved when you do that...Guys I posted this problem on Lago's Tech Support forum. Maybe it would be helpful if you guys chimmed in overthere to stress your having the same issues as I'm seeing concerning VC texture...

FS2020 

Jim you've put a major question to rest for me. You got your install from Lago and I got mine from SimMarket, that's one less factor to worry about. Looks like Lago released a buggy installer...

FS2020 

Guest gasebah

LOL, I have several add-ons from LAGO. I bel

Guest LLgaz

>>>>>The only way to avoid this? After the release wait for at least to weeks. Then buy and download version 1.4<<<<<<<<:-lol Realised that since the CS727. Now, I do it for every add-on. The ONLY add-on that I intend to purchase immediately is the LDS767. All others I give at least a month.......

Guest bigun

If you want an MD80 panel that is trully amazing as far as accuracy of systems and procedures and flight dynamics that are fantastic you should give the MDMax a try. It has no VC, the exterior model is low poly and the FMC won't be ready for about a month but the panel is amazing. It is definately not a "jump in and fly" package. Simply starting the engines takes a very specific and precise procedure that is much more complex than any add-on I have (and I have most all of them).

What George said. I was a little nervous about buying this because of some unfounded rumours appearing in various forums. Being an MD-8* fan I intended to get either this or the Lago offering. Having seen the stuff that people are complaining about in their forums, I decided to avoid that for now. A serious aircraft add-on released without a manual is not a serious aircraft add-on, in my opinion.I have been so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the MDMAX offering. The manual alone is a tour de force and gives a rapid feel for the work and pride that has gone into this. Also, if anyone was a fan of the original Lago Maddog, the heritage of the MDMAX panel is obvious in that Rudolfo Arato has retained some of the features of the FS98/2k version such as the passenger boarding gauge, but improved on it considerably as befits a version for FS9.Some of the realistic features include:- actual hot-starts if the start-up procedure is not followed correctly;- Ac c of g changes as the pax are boarded in real time; - Trim is an essential feature and must be set correctly according to the w+b info provided as boarding procedes. Someone in their forum suggested that this was more like an MD version of PS1 in that the focus is entirely on systems and procedures. If you're looking for VCs and intricately rendered external models, look elsewhere (at least for now). However, if you're a systems simulation anorak like me, dive in. Oh yeah.. absence of the FMS is a pain for a few weeks. However, given the snags people are reporting with the Lago one, I figure it isn't much of a problem to wait a while for one that works.Another thing to be aware of is that it looks great at 1600*1200 which is the targeted resolution, but people have reported that the loss of detail at lower resolutions is inhibiting. Think CS727 here.Other than that, this is probably the most faithful MD-8* panel you'll find for MSFS.Cheers

The Lago MadDog is actually good, it's just missing some VC textures. I had a nice little test flight last night and I must say this plane is top notch, great FDE... :-jumpy Lago just needs to release the manual, include the missing VC textures, and (this may just be me) do a little more work on the configuration manager...The MadDog within itself is great, the FMC even works correctly right out the box...

FS2020