Sign in to follow this  
Guest adlion944

To all who bought Lago's MadDog...

Guest DannyW

LAGO Maddog is a bad joke. No manuals, panel comparable to freeware already avaliable. Sound is a mix of default sounds. FMS with no navdata - I know PMDG is supposed to work but there are numerous problems with that. I'd suggest to get one of the freeware panels, merge with SGA model, "the italian sounds" and you're gonna have better result plus 35 Euro saved.

>..., great FDE...hmm, I read on their forum that the FDE was actually quite 'jumpy and nervous' and 'the plane is way to sensitive on control inputs, the pitch sensitivity is the same as your F16!'. These kind of comments makes me hesitate to buy this product.Cheers!Michiel http://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/HollandJumpin.gifhttp://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/sig_vbird.jpg

Guest jennifer

Danny"..........LAGO Maddog is a bad joke. No manuals, panel comparable to freeware already avaliable. Sound is a mix of default sounds. FMS with no navdata - I know PMDG is supposed to work but there are numerous problems with that. I'd suggest to get one of the freeware panels, merge with SGA model, "the italian sounds" and you're gonna have better result plus 35 Euro saved.........."Are you real? :-xxrotflmao

Guest secks

Andy,From what I've read over at the MDMAX forums so far, yes, this is an incredibly complex and accurate product. The real clincher for me is the lack of VC. I couldn't care less about the external model, but a fluid, crisp VC does wonders for situational awareness. Whenever I fly with a 2d panel, I feel like I'm looking down a soda straw ... whether this is something they will implement down the road is anyone's guess.

Guest mberg

Since I can't get the English Manual yet, I wonder if anyone has it and can attach to e-mail. If not, I would appreciate anyone sending me the start engine sequence checklist. I must be missing a switch somewhere, but with APU going and power supplied to buses and the ignition switch to BOTH, I can't get either engine to start. Have fuel on, pumps and throttle. Go figure.

Yeah, I can care less about the manual I just need some type of a checklist, I am too missing something very simple. Also is there a fix to the font problem on the Autopilot yet gauges, mine are barely readable. Lago's forums don't help me that much.

Guest captandy

To start the engines you need to have both packs off , fuel on,and APU runningAndy

Hi Andy,"Another thing to be aware of is that it looks great at 1600*1200 which is the targeted resolution, but people have reported that the loss of detail at lower resolutions is inhibiting. Think CS727 here."I do have the CS727 (not used since the DF one arrived), but am more wondering what you are saying. Is using it at less than 1600*1200 really bad- or are you saying that it really doesn't matter.Sorry for the lack of clues that I have :). Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce,The panel was created with and designed for 1600*1200. If you run at that res or higher it looks quite beautiful. That's the res I run at and I haven't dropped my res to check, but others have reported that using it at lower resolutions produces a lack of clarity because you're trying to render details at a lower resolution that the designer intended. Therefore, for example, gauge text might be a bit blurry at less that16*12. The same phenomenon afflict the CS727 - at 16*12 all the panel details were crisp and easily discernible. Reduce that and the panel details looked blurry.Take care

That's correct Andy, I haven't had a problem starting the engines on my end at all... :-roll

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest captandy

I just did a FLT from KBOs to KLGA and w/o the manual it was a learning curve. I did intercept my course that I set up in the FMC ok but keeping on the GS on appr was terrible.The ILS model/code is buggy to say the least among other things.Andy

O.K. Michiel, maybe I was wrong about the FDE... I didn't know this thing could track an ILS correctly....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest adlion944

I concur.This is a lousy product. I'm sorry, but any flightsimmer can look at the bar set by DreamFleet and Flight1 and see the possible quality. Only someone in denial at Lago could look at this product and think it was "good enough" to release, especially to charge $45 for it!In addition to the gripes above (the FDE is awful), I think it looks bad. The external model is very nice, but the 2D panel is flat and lifeless with primary colors, no shading, no weathering, no illusion of dimension compared to PMDG, PIC or the new ATR. The VC is pitiful. Looks horrible.The autopilot displays are impossible to decipher. Another bug.It handles horribly. I accelerated to about 400kts climbing at 2000fpm right after takeoff in about 30 seconds. Wow - that's realism. Pitch control is twitchier than the worst FS2000 Cessna 172 FDE. ILS intercept and hold is non-existent. Even basic altitude hold/climb don't work. I don't think I ever got the autothrottle to work.Lago makes very, very nice little airfield scenery, but this is the third aircraft I've bought from them and it's the worst yet. Otter was okay. F-16 was a bit worse. The MD-80 is very bad. It's horrible compared to DF727 or the ATR. Even the Iron Knuckles DC9 blows this away and that's 2 years old.Too bad! I want an MD-80 so badly since I fly on a Delta MD-88 about every other week to D.C.