Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Fwd/Aft Freight Doors?

I'm just working as a middle man and translator here, so please don't shoot the messenger if he doesn't follow the subforum rules to a letter.

The original (german language) thread is here, but the author doesn't speak English hence me asking here on his behalf.

The issue at hand is a bit of a mystery to him or anyone else trying to help, so we need some people closer to the matter at hand.

In short:

What controls whether the fwd or aft main cargo door opens when the main cargo door is opened with the FMC? Is it just a matter of using a certain repaint (as, so far, determined by the OP's tests)? What if someone painted up a livery and wanted the aft cargo door to open? Could that be done?

Hoping for some insight.

B.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

What controls whether the fwd or aft main cargo door opens when the main cargo door is opened with the FMC?

Just fired up the Cargo version to try and help you out and from the FMC menu was able to open the right-hand side Fwd and Aft Cargo doors. The again from within that same FMC menu was able to open the Upper Cargo door on the left-hand side.So, all the cargo doors do open from that FMC menu. Am not quite sure what precisely is is your friend's problem.

Well, he was on about the forward and aft upper left door (weird terminology for the main deck cargo door, btw), so I don't know either.

Anyway, I told him that the FMC should be able to open *all doors*. Let's see what he says...

FMC opens all passenger doors and cargo doors, from "fs actions shortcuts". If they don't open up, there is problems with the planes power.

Note, I do not have this plane anymore. It was years ago, so if PMDG released a new version, it could have changed.

Well, he was on about the forward and aft upper left door (weird terminology for the main deck cargo door, btw), so I don't know either.

Anyway, I told him that the FMC should be able to open *all doors*. Let's see what he says...

The left-hand side of the Freighter version only has one very large sized cargo door typical of all freighters. There are no smaller Aft and Fwd cargo doors on that left-hadn side, unless, of course he means the Main Entry door, in which case, there is just one, which is, again, opened from the FMC menu.

The left-hand side of the Freighter version only has one very large sized cargo door typical of all freighters. There are no smaller Aft and Fwd cargo doors on that left-hadn side, unless, of course he means the Main Entry door, in which case, there is just one, which is, again, opened from the FMC menu.

He posted this pic:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140329/sjddli32.jpg

Apparently, this is the only MD-11F model in the package that comes with an aft main (upper) deck door.

The model file itself shows cut out doors, but only one (fwd or aft) of them can be active at a time.

So far, it was determined that only the paint shown in the screenshot has the aft upper door, while every other paint doesn't.

And he likes to know why and how this is achieved.

So far, everything points to the texture folder's name which somehow determines that this paint in particular has an aft upper door.

(Way to make a do about next to nothing, huh?)

Eh? Emirates, AFAIK, have never had an MD-11F in their fleet.So, if this is a non-standard repaint, then I too am flummoxed, as I only use PMDG repaints and can only feedback on those aircraft. Within FSX only. Sorry.

I have also Ran Into this Problem Before   I did this By Making shortcuts   To open all doors 

and the same thing happened the door stays open  so I played around with the FMC it went away 

Then the Next Flight all doors are closed but MD-11 say left door is open  

So Here is what I did Reload MD-11  afresh reload ( Cold and dark ) set it up the way you want  remove all short cuts that you have mad for opening doors   and Start Using the FMC  

It went away  this is what I did 

Hop this Helps your Friend 

NOT and I am also using a different repaint from MD-11 So this should work 

BTW  when i say set up MD-11 to how you Like it Dont foget to save the settings and name it to what ever you Like 

cheers 

Unfortunately, he told me, that no input from here so far has helped him to understand the issue (quirk?) at work in the model any better.

It might just be the fact that his query wasn't the most specific or important one in the first place and that some bits of info got "lost in translation" so to speak and thus, he prefers to leave the issue at rest for now.

In any case, thanks for the input guys.

It was regardlessly much appreciated by him!

Hi,

This model/repaint looks like Lee Marrows based on the registration. If so I could only find Lee releasing the FSX version. I checked in Avsim. No FS2004 model so I suspect this may be a "tweaked" repaint and/or model.

The FSX model from Lee has the forward upper cargo door modeled only.No main aft cargo door.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!