Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know what the next Orbx region will be? I know the Southern Rockieswere mentioned once. Is that still a go?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Here's the updated Product Roadmap from their official forums:

January 2014
  • NCA NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - Orbx Team
  • KHAF Half Moon Bay (for NCA) - Scott Armstrong
  • ENNK Narvik for FTXG - Tore Stranden
  • FTX GLOBAL openLC EU - Orbx Team
  • PAYA Yakutat Alaska - Alex Goff
  • EGKL Deanland Lewes - Ken Hall
  • EGPB Sumburgh - 29Palms

February - April 2014
  • FTX Global OpenLC North America
  • CYBW Springbank General Airport - Vlad Maly

• NOR FTX EU Norway - Orbx Team
  • KSQL San Carlos - Ed Correia
  • EGSC Manchester Cambridge - 29Palms
  • EGPD Aberdeen - 29Palms
  • NZAA Auckland - Orbx Team
  • LFMA Aix les Milles for FTXG - Cedric Bogros
  • openLC Asia
  • openLC Africa & Middle East
  • openLC South America
  • FTX Global V1.x updates
  • FTX Global Vector continual updates
  • One payware airport release per month for both regions and FTXG (average)

Thanks. Since I've been banned from the official forums for being a bad boy this is the only Orbx home I have and appreciate the product news.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Are you saying you can't even read the forum? Crikey! You must have been bad. :huh:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

There's different regions for the land class products? I thought it was going to be like global?

Yeah I was bad! I criticized Global when it first came out because it colored the deserts regions where I live pea-soup green and that it was an abomination.

They banned me for ten days.

When I came back I told them I didn't worship at the altar of Orbx and drop to my knees, face Australia, and shout out, "Akbar Orbx" when a new product came out.

That got me banned for life.

But they did fix Global and it looks very nice where I live now.

I don't really blame them for banning me and I accept it. I am able to access product support for limited users so I really have no complaint coming. And I do like Orbx scenery products and continue to purchase and fly over them.

Top man! :lol: I actually remember that incident. It has gone done in Orbx history as the 'Mis-quoted shout incident'. It should have Orbx wa akbar. You'd have got away with it.

Look on the bright side though. You could have been executed. :biggrin:

Top man! :lol: I actually remember that incident. It has gone done in Orbx history as the 'Mis-quoted shout incident'. It should have Orbx wa akbar. You'd have got away with it.

Look on the bright side though. You could have been executed. :biggrin:

You always have funny lines to read Mr.Ron. :lol: This is a good one.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I don't think I miss much on the official forum. A lot of love ins when a new airport or product is released. And I better stop there or I might get banned from this forum too.

After I got banned I began logging in using my wife's computer. That worked until I used her computer to try and get support. They thought they had a pirate.

After I explained what happened John got me back to getting support for limited users but now my wife is blocked too.

Some of that played out on this forum too.

I guess I'm just a trouble maker. But at 80 years of age I'm too old to change.

Noel

If you can't cause ructions at 80, when the hell can you? :biggrin:

Are you saying you can't even read the forum? Crikey! You must have been bad. :huh:

'Limited user' means they can't even access the public sections of the ORBX forums. Not even as 'read-only'.

When Noel had proven to JV that he's not a pirate, I asked JV to apologize to him. (For details, just search for "battle of the titans" here on AVSIM! :lol:)

Seems like JV has forgotten to make me a 'limited user' as well ...   :LMAO:

Well, Ron, it depends a lot on who you're ructioning. Some egos are quite sensitive and should be left alone.

Noel

When I came back I told them I didn't worship at the altar of Orbx and drop to my knees, face Australia, and shout out, "Akbar Orbx" when a new product came out.

That got me banned for life.

Making remarks that insult Islam might well get you banned from AVSIM for life as well. You may be 80 years old but we just don't tolerate rudeness and table-thumping on the Orbx forums, and the mods here would not tolerate too much more of that style of remark either.

Yes, we do get a lot of praise and positive feedback from our customers when we release new products. It seems though, that it's frowned upon by many in the FS community. How dare people actually appreciate the work that went into developing products!!!? To me it just smacks of professional jealousy from jaded people who have nothing better to do than be negative about most things whilst hiding being an internet forum moniker. 

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

I have praised many of your products on your forum before Global came out. But not knee-jerk praise simply because it's Orbx. It was the first edition of Global that painted the American southwest pea soup green that I ranted about, perhaps more than I should have. But I do understand that one 'ah crap' wipes out ten 'atta boys'.

And I was not insulting Islam, I was being sarcastic.

Northern California is an excellent product and I believe I gave it pretty high marks right here on the unofficial forum. But I judge each one on it's merits, not because it comes from a certain vendor.

And you did a pretty good job fixing the desert textures in Global.

I don't quite understand your last sentence...whilst hiding being aninternet forum moniker. If you meant hiding BEHIND an internet forum moniker I always sign my posts with my real name.

And I don't blame you for banning me. I was rude and all worked up at the time. And I accept my punishment. And while I would like to read the posts on your community forum what you did was fair.

Noel