Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Norway 2004 Airports Version 1 and 2??

Guest bobsk8

I have installed Norway airport Scenery version 1 from this site and really like it. Now I see there is a version 2 but it says that it doesn't come with AFCAD files like Version 1 does. Since I have never played around with AFCAD files, I am a bit afraid of upgrading to version 2 and possibly damaging something in FS9 when adding the AFCAD files, since I have Ultimate Traffic which I believe has it's own AFCAD files. This entire AFCAD thing is a bit of a mystery to me anyway. Has anyone upgraded Norway 2004 Airports version 1 to 2 and is it worth the trouble?

Guest nutcase

Hi.if you want to upgrade to norway airports 2004 ver 2, be sure to delete ALL version1-files first. that's very important, including afcad-files.after installing ver 2, be sure to get the update patch, then download the AFCAD-files from http://flightsim.no/norway/ that's the official norway airports website. be sure to read the install instructions.Jan Roar Roed

Hi,I didn't update, but made a clean install of v2. By following the instructions on the afcad page (link below) everything seems ok on the airports I have used so far, also the quite complicated ENGM

Guest bobsk8

Well I loaded the scenery vers 2 for the Norway web site and installed the scenery and textures per the instructions and added the update. I use a directory, c:flightsimnorway_airports. That works OK. Now comes the AFCAD. I followed the directions on the web site which are listed here http://flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=afcad_eIt says that you should create a directory : CFs2004Afcadsen-aptscenery The only thing I did differently was to use the C:flightsimafcads instead of C:2004afcads, which should make a difference as long as FS2004 can find the directory when I try to add it, which it does. Now it says to add this folder which has the AFCAD files which are all bgl files to the scenery library. Well that doesn't work , because FS2004 wants to see both scenery and textures before it accepts it as a library entry. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or are the directions wrong?

Guest bobsk8

Disregard above post, I finally figured out how to do it. I had to add a Texture folder in the same directory as the AFCAD files so that FS would think it was scenery. Once I did that, it loaded it and everything is working great:). By the way, runway 30 ILS at RYGGE AFB is a hoot. I think I brushed the main gear with the tops of the snow covered pine trees on the approach end, while flying the GS. Better not drop low at night on that one.

HiJust to add a quick comment regarding Norway Airoprts. I think these are some of the best freeware airports i've come across - equalling and even supassing a lot of payware efforts - excellent work guys !!!I spent xmas 2004 skiing in Norway and flew into the small airport at Fagernes (ENFG) and have to say that the Norway Airports rendition is absolutely spot on. I'm currently spending a lot of FS time flying to Norway and have enclosed a screen shot of my latest destinaton,Trondheim (ENVA).RegardsGaryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105596.jpg

Guest bobsk8

The scenery in Norway is great. I was flying the other night and all of a sudden the cloud deck above my flight path started lighting up with all these fantastic colors. First time I have seen Northern Lights in FS. I also found 2 lists of Norway Airports and their Code names and runway lengths. http://www.aircraft-charter-world.com/airp...rope/norway.htmhttp://worldaerodata.com/countries/Norway.phpMakes it easy to generate a flight plan.

Guest bobsk8

Well after much beating of my head against the wall, I have given up on getting version 2 to run properly on my FS9. I will setup a 1 1/4 hour flight and about 2/3 of the way though it, I will either get a CTD, or the sound will cut out, or the screen will turn black , or everything freezes, or some other weird thing. I reinstalled and triple checked everything, and my system and version 2 of the Norway scenery just don't get along. I switched off the Norway scenery, and immediately everything is back to normal. I haven't decided if I want to reinstall version 1 or just stick with the MSFS default for Norway which isn't that bad, and at least I will get to fly the entire flight. Bummer!!!