Sign in to follow this  
Nicrob

Headset no sounds

Hi all

I have FSX accelerator installed with 737 PIC Evolution add on and FS2 crew for PIC evolution I am having trouble getting any audio through my USB headset, headset works fine and is brand new I can route all fsx sound through them but on the configuration panel in fs2 crew in the headset panel it just says no such device and the crew region is blank I have reinstalled the fs2 software with no joy, the voice is working and I can speak commands and they appear in the green voice bar but no sound and no first officer, the fs2 runs through the procedures as I fly?

I have tried different configurations in the settings in fsx still with no luck and was wandering if anybody could help?

Thank you in anticipation

Nic Roberts

Sorry forgot to add PC is windows 8

Hi Nic,

Please re-install FS2Crew again.

Ensure UAC (User Account Control) is disabled.

Run the installer as an Admin.

If it still doesn't work, send me a support ticket and I'll help you via a remote desktop.

Cheers,

Thanks for quick response, I will re-install as suggested as the PC admin which I don't think I used first time round but excuse me for my PC knowledge but what do you mean by user account control?

Many thanks for your help

Nic Roberts

Hi Nic,

Please Google search "user account control".

It's a Windows Control Panel setting.

Set the slider to it to full off.

Not installing as an Admin (and not having UAC off) can cause installer problems due to Windows 'write permission' issues.

Best,

Hi all

I have FSX accelerator installed with 737 PIC Evolution add on and FS2 crew for PIC evolution I am having trouble getting any audio through my USB headset, headset works fine and is brand new I can route all fsx sound through them but on the configuration panel in fs2 crew in the headset panel it just says no such device and the crew region is blank I have reinstalled the fs2 software with no joy, the voice is working and I can speak commands and they appear in the green voice bar but no sound and no first officer, the fs2 runs through the procedures as I fly?

I have tried different configurations in the settings in fsx still with no luck and was wandering if anybody could help?

Thank you in anticipation

Nic Roberts

Sorry forgot to add PC is windows 8

get rid of fsx aceleration it will solve many problems    

Thanks for the response, I reinstalled the software last night as the administrator and seems to be working, I only had the time to do a couple of checklists but really looking forward to completing a full flight soon

Thanks for all the help

Nic

Thanks for the response, I reinstalled the software last night as the administrator and seems to be working, I only had the time to do a couple of checklists but really looking forward to completing a full flight soon

Glad you got it sorted.

It's a good idea to always:

1. Disable UAC.

2. Run everything as an Admin

This helps avoid write permission issues.

Also, FSX should be installed out of the Program Files folder (to avoid write permission issues).

Cheers,