Sign in to follow this  
kash777

PMDG 777 on imac 21.5 monitor

Hi,

I'm interested in buying the pmdg 777 to play on a 21.5" Imac (late 2013). I will off course use bootcamp for windows 7. My question is will the Nvidia Geforce GT 750M graphic card with 1GB of GDDR5 memory be sufficient to play this sim?

The rest of the imac specs are:

i5 2.9Ghz quad core (turbo boost up to 3.6Ghz with 6MB L3 cache)

8 GB ram

1 TB 5400rpm hard drive

I will appreciate a quick answer.

thks

It'll be just fine. In fact work very well.

I used my 2012 27" iMac with bootcamp and is was very good.

J

Jason Jackett

thks. but i noticed u mentioned u had the 27" imac which has a better grahics card. The 21.5" has a nvidia 750m 1gb. is this card ok? especially with frame rates?

Well I've never tried it but it may not make much difference as FSX is very processor intensive. It's an old programme pre super powerful graphics cards.

Jason Jackett

I think it should work ok. I can use the T7 on my late 2013 macbook pro retina. It does have the GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5, however I only have a 2.3GHZ processor. With ASN, FSUIPC, EZCA, and some others, it runs pretty well. On a clean install with those 3 addons I have no issues maintaining 30fps.

Should work though the problem is more the CPU in this case - you can't do any overclocking or anything like that with a Mac. It'll definitely run but the performance may not be spectacular...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Should work though the problem is more the CPU in this case - you can't do any overclocking or anything like that with a Mac. It'll definitely run but the performance may not be spectacular...

why not? as i understand the overclocking is working with bootcamp!

hey Kash, don't worry you can do overclocking with mac, i don't why this gentleman are telling you that no. cheek this program and install it!

https://www.sapphireselectclub.com/ss...

and this one too http://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-c...

and there is one program called FSX BOOSTER, that it suppose that gives you or control the over clock!

So tabs, you are pmdg support can't you give me a reason of why we can´t do overcooking with a mac in bootcamp? I don't your spanish language level but i leave here a video that explain how to do it.