Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Future of the FS Franchise...

Guest tango_d

Well said Tom - some clearer sense in this often clouded sky !!:-)Best RegardsEd

>The future *may* include X-Box (I doubt it), but an X-Box only>FS would accomplish the opposite...Of course it would not be X-Box *only*! That would conflict with the "multi-version" part of the statement.

> I've got one idea...maybe these new job openings>are really for FS11?>>MikeGood point. The next version of FS is likely nearly feature complete now. Any new hires would be coming on as they are finishing FS10.

Well I hope you are right because as soon as I read the original post the alarm bells sounded loud and clear! If a games console was to become the primary means of delivering FS then that would be it for me after 10 years or maore at this - I have no interest whatsover in buying a games console (no matter how powerful) and/or a subscription service run by MS.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

>Well I hope you are right because as soon as I read the>original post the alarm bells sounded loud and clear!Say what? I never mentioned any such thing like that in the "original post!"That wasn't brought up until the fifth reply in Ricardo's post... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It was your quote from the MS ad (plus my reading of the full version in the link) that rang the alarm bells, at that stage I hadn't read any of the other posts, many of these only comfirmed my initial concerns. I could go on at length as to why I am concerned but the point has been well made by others in this thread.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest roto5

Nice reply Chris.By the way, one thing that really caught my attention from MS offering: "Directing and implementing motion capture data."This mean they might have plans to implement sophisticated 3D animation, like (maybe):AI ground crew/ground services, AI passengers, AI birds, etc, etc.From what I can understand about MSFS franchise business model, considering its target audience, etc, etc, this features are likely to be implemented in FS, someday, for sure.Regards,Emerson

>(bolds by me)>>"3D Animator:>The selected candidate will be responsible for creating>reality based models and animations of humans and animals for>a game based on the Flight Simulator franchise. A>well-rounded 3D artist with an emphasis on animation and the>ability to 'own' a large portion of the product will be idealHere's a theory. The Flight Simulator franchise will be split into two lines. One geared toward the casual gamer and will be available on X-box and PC. It will have all kinds of extra eye candy, maybe an element of strategy gaming, such as Zoo Tycoon or the Sims. But won't be as technically challenging as the current version of MSFS.Then a second line for the serious simmer that will probably only be available on the PC, and cost about $30 more.Both will be compatible with each other in some kind of massive multiplayer world.Can't wait to find out what they have in mind. Sounds like something big.Matt

Guest rellek01

I think they(MS)threw the CFS team in with FS10 team so we finally will be able put machine guns on our Cessnas!They would not only sell more to kids but would simultaneously make the game fun to play when you're drunk!!Just a thought.Rellek

Guest KChapman

>We have an ambitious,>multi-version strategy for making the community an integral>part of the game experience and need someone to ensure we>succeed."I seem to recall a poll/questionnaire that folks were encouraged to fill out a few months ago in regards to whether or not they would buy/enjoy a flight sim from MS that had enhanced content for specific regions of the world. I'm simply going from memory here, so please pardon any inaccuracies in the above recollection.Perhaps in speaking of a "multi-version strategy" and "making the community an integral part of the game experience," MS may be (in addition to other possibilities mentioned in this thread) planning to offer regional enhancement packs with the core sim having only one of those regions enhanced out of the box (European version, American version, South Pacific/Southeastern Asian version, etc.). Those are, at any rate, the remnants of the thoughts I had when answering the questions in that questionnaire at the time.KevinEDIT: Remove mysteriously appearing icon

What if MS has no clue what to do in future versions, so they post a very vague job description, know we will all jump in and produce all the ideas they will every need.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

>>>What if MS has no clue what to do in future versions, so they>post a very vague job description, know we will all jump in>and produce all the ideas they will every need.LOL then there is a whole bunch of people being fired ;).

Guest Dakota

Too cold?!!Yesterday we almost got up to 70 and we are talking January here. Course compared to Phoenix everywhere is colder. That's Ok, Phoenix is way too hot for me, so I guess we are living in the right places.