Sign in to follow this  
Soul02

Annoying Clicking Sound

Hey guys, I am new to this game and also this community, so first off hello to you all :)

Now to my problem: After just getting FSX perfectly setup after watching guides, reading guides, and whatnot I am now getting into the flying part which is going quite well 

at the moment. But I have a problem after taking off, I get a clicking sound maybe like a warning or alarm for something? It also says in the bottom right corner with a red

background about "over speed" if I remember correctly. 

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this aswell as turning off this annoying sound or maybe preventing it from doing that?

Thank you.

Welcome to simming! You will learn to get familiar with the aircraft you are flying and the normal operating speeds. You likely need to reduce throttle a little after your take off and monitor your airspeed to not overspend it. There are ways to turn off the warning messages in the config files which you may want to do after you gain a little more experience. There are many people here with all levels of experience and seriousness. Have fun!

Thanks for the replies guys, I have reduced the throttle speed already but still the message "over speed" never goes. Is there a certain speed it must be for it

to finally go away? I dont really want to disable the "clicking sound" altogether but really know whats causing it, and how to stop it normally?

Are they both related? the clicking sound and the message in the bottom right corner?

Thanks again.

The sound is the overspeed warning just like the red message.

Yes, every plane has a specific speed. Please tell us what plane, speed and altitude you are flying at.

Thank you for the confirmation.

The plane it is I was using is the "Project Open Sky Boeing 777-300ER".

But this happens on all planes, and as im just getting used to things now its at various altitudes really - messing around for now :)

So its not much info to go on.

Until the plane slows down to an acceptable speed, you will get the warning. It takes some time to reduce speed. Be patient. You will learn this with time.  ALL aircraft have limits.

What are you using for N1 at takeoff?  I would try something around 90% as a max.  I know everyone loves to jam their throttles to 100% or more, but It's not a good idea.  Are you hand-flying to your cruise altitude or engaging autopilot and auto-throttle?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What are you using for N1 at takeoff?  I would try something around 90% as a max.  I know everyone loves to jam their throttles to 100% or more, but It's not a good idea.  Are you hand-flying to your cruise altitude or engaging autopilot and auto-throttle?

Yup your right, I take off on full :D

And yes, hand flying until at a decent altitude and then engaging the auto pilot and auto-throttle.

Wouldn't enabling the auto pilot and auto-throttle fix this problem though?

What value are you setting the auto throttle to? Should be 330-340.

I would suggest starting with the FSX Learning Center, the FSX lessons, a single prop plane, and slow down your learning pace.

My normal routine is 88-90% N1 for take off, rotate and gear up  climbing on runway heading.  Decrease flaps setting 1 position and engage autopilot and auto-throttle(set for 250Knots IAS) Gaining speed and altitude decrase flaps to 0% and continue climb to 1st assigned altitude.  Awainting further instructions from ATC for turns and altitude increases.

After passing 18,000 feet, set MACH Speed and Barometer to 29.92 or to appropriate millibars.

And Maybe even do as Jim Skorna, Gentleman flyer, says!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What value are you setting the auto throttle to? Should be 330-340.

I would suggest starting with the FSX Learning Center, the FSX lessons, a single prop plane, and slow down your learning pace.

lol yep I think you are right, going well ahead of myself so it seems. 

Thank you everyone for your replies, very helpful all of you :)