Sign in to follow this  
Trevor2497

(HELP!) Photoscenery Island Hydro Poly Won't Compile in Sbuilder

Hi

Im making a Photoscenery for fsx, and I have run into another problem. when I load the sim at the island, there is the default scenery showing underneath it (Popping out of the sides). I have tried making a Hydro poly around the image of photoscenery, and made a trace of the island with a poly and set it as a hole. The problem is when I select all polys then click compile. The cmd window opens for a second, and there is nothing in my folders  (The cmd window says "Source file Shapes\???_St._George*.shp not found"On the tutorial that I am using says to do something with the cvx file,and remove it from the fsx main folder, but my island is close to the land so when I deleted that, EVERYTHING for miles was land.  ANY IDEAS!?!?!?!?!??! this is driving me insane.

Source file Shapes\???_St._George*.shp

Open your SBuilderX313 folder (depends where you installed it to but I think the default is C:program files (x86)/SbuilderX313.

Then go to Tools/Shapes

What is in there?

There should be a number of files starting with PKX and RDX. A screenshot of the directory listing would be helpful. The error message obviously tells us that one of the .shp files is missing which means your scenery is not compiling. The question is where has your .shp file gone and is it just your .shp file missing.

Personally, I would have just created one or two hydro polygons around the island by hand rather the making a hole.

Ignore any tutorial that tells you to remove cvx files from the main FSX folder. There is absolutely no reason why are properly written scenery would need you to remove any files from FSX.

www.antsairplanes.com

Thanks For the reply 

The tools/ shapes folder has 4 files. I cant get a pic so I will Just type them.  

HPX_St.George-------Xml Document

HPX_St.dbf-------------DBF File

HPX_St.shp------------SHP File

HPX_St.shx------------SHX File 

Sorry for the late reply haha

Here is the link to the tutorial that I am using http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?250762-How-to-create-photoreal-scenery-for-FSX

Ignore any tutorial that tells you to remove cvx files from the main FSX folder. There is absolutely no reason why are properly written scenery would need you to remove any files from FSX.

Agreed, that is just wrong,

Try this tutorial instead

make_photo-real_ground_textures_in_fs_x.zip by Luis Feliz-Tirado in the AVSIM library. Much of it is the same, but some key things are different

Best, Michael

KDFW

I think the problem is "HPX_St.George", I guess that you called your project "St.George", rename it to "St_George".