Sign in to follow this  
kuuulia

SweetFX problem

Hi,

I can't enable (pause break doesn't work) the SweetFX in FSX SP2, i have disabled Anti-alising, have tried DX10 preview mode,

nothing seems to work. I have tried the split screen mode but that doesn't work either. Does this have something to do with Windows 8.1 or something? I have tweaked my fsx.cfg with the venetubo tweak thing, but i don't think that's the problem.

My specs:

I7-4770 3.4ghz

GTX 770

Windows 8.1

also i have tried to change the pause break button to another button but that didnt work either.

SweetFX is not installed correctly. Please describe what you did to install SweetFX.

I downloaded SweetFX copy and pasted all files to the main FSX folder and then installed FlightFX and after that i registered a new game in FlightFX (fsx.exe). Thats how i did it. Thanks for your reply.

1. There are some files and 1 folder that goes into the main FSX folder.

2. There is nothing to "install" with SweetFX, just copy and paste.

3. You don't need to register anything within SweetFX.

You don't need to enable anything with SweetFX. You properly copy and paste the proper files and one folder into FSX and then fire up FSX. FSX starts and off you go.

And if I remember correctly doesn't the Pause Break key just reload the SweetFX settings?

Not trying to be mean or nasty, but I just don't think you are running everything correctly.