Sign in to follow this  
Rainman483

Eaglesoft Citation X: Bizarre Occurrence

Eaglesoft's support forums have been of no help. When they do work, no one has an answer. So here's the deal. When I'm flying the citation x, a little ways into the flight the engines and all systems will power down, as if just starting the flight cold and dark. The cones and engine/pitot covers all appear too, floating along with the plane or otherwise attached. I have no clue as to what is going on here. Any suggestions at all???

Also, for those familiar with the plane, might his have to do with the feature panel? The one that allows you to check the boxes for things such as the pitot covers and whether or not to start cold and dark? Your guess is as good as mine.

one thing i would double check is that your bus tie and generators are switched correctly. maybe the battery is running out.

on page 14 of the cockpit layout guide it says "Missing, Corrupted, or Invalid License file is the cause of a complete Cold\Dark Shutdown of Avionics and Engines." so maybe that is something you are seeing

cheers
-andy crosby

Wow, you are lucky to even get the Cit-X flying. On ALL of my flights, VNAV never works; speed hold won't keep my chosen speed and vertical profile (altitude selected) just doesn't obey what I put into FMS. Also, while I am always able to start Engine-2 following the normal APU-bleed-assisted process, I have never been able to start Engine-1 using APU-bleed or Engine-2 cross-bleed, I always have to use FSX's shortcut "Ctrl+E" to get the engines going. I practically have to handfly the damned thing from origin to destination...leaving me to pick very short routes of 30min. This is for the Wilco FeelThere's Citation-X. As for Eaglesoft's Citation-X v2, I have absolutely NEVER been able to start the engines, only the APU starts and after some minutes of running, it stops and all electrical power (APU, batteries) cease...the aircraft is plunged into a cold-&-dark state and remains so until I REBOOT the FSX app.

Rainman, there is nothing bizarre about the symptoms you describe.

"Missing, Corrupted, or Invalid License file is the cause of a complete Cold\Dark Shutdown of Avionics and Engines." period.

Our forums are your source for product support. You will not receive it here at Avsim.

Fulani, your setup is incorrect and you've not followed directions or the checklist if unable to start.

Fine with us if you prefer the Wilco product.

Our forums are your source for product support. You will not receive it here at Avsim.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Battery failure wouldn't result in engine shutdown. So licensing issue? I recently reinstalled the aircraft trying to fix a bug with the vnav, so this may have contributed to that. Assuming that's the case, there's probably no easy way around that. I will have to find my way through on the eaglesoft support forums...oh boy.

Battery failure wouldn't result in engine shutdown. So licensing issue? I recently reinstalled the aircraft trying to fix a bug with the vnav, so this may have contributed to that. Assuming that's the case, there's probably no easy way around that. I will have to find my way through on the eaglesoft support forums...oh boy.

Did you reinstall using the Flight1 wrapper or using the setup file it unwraps (by default to a folder in the root of C:)? If you reinstalled with the unwrapped setup, the license file will not be in the correct place. Try reinstalling from the wrapper and leave the folder where it unwraps as default, worked for me.

Yes...reinstall with the Flight 1 wrapper as above. Hope you get it sorted out.

Rainman483, I had the same issue as you. My first flight after installing it the engines and avionics died on final and I had to glide it in. When I watched an instant replay with an exterior view the engine covers appeared when the engines died. I had just built a new computer and copied over the Eaglesoft installation file from my old computer. After I did some forum searching I found out that you can't do that.

I then uninstalled the plane, downloaded a new wrapper from Flight one to my new computer and did the whole install process from the beginning using the reinstall option. The engines and avionics stayed on after that.

If that doesn't work you will need to go to the Eaglesoft forums.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Rainman483, I had the same issue as you. My first flight after installing it the engines and avionics died on final and I had to glide it in. When I watched an instant replay with an exterior view the engine covers appeared when the engines died. I had just built a new computer and copied over the Eaglesoft installation file from my old computer. After I did some forum searching I found out that you can't do that.

I then uninstalled the plane, downloaded a new wrapper from Flight one to my new computer and did the whole install process from the beginning using the reinstall option. The engines and avionics stayed on after that.

If that doesn't work you will need to go to the Eaglesoft forums.

Ted

Ted outlined your exact problem and the exact solution.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png