Sign in to follow this  
qf11bd

Flightbeam KIAD United Express Q400

A few shots inbound into Washington Dulles.

Awesome Acitvesky Next fog

UALQ400IAD1_zpsa7f6c039.png

UALQ400IAD3_zps14bb13f4.png

UALQ400IAD5_zps9a19be14.png

UALQ400IAD4_zps26ed0d8f.png

UALQ400IAD2_zps013ece39.png

UALQ400IAD6_zps5191166f.png

UALQ400IAD7_zps4ec92f88.png

UALQ400IAD8_zpsc6164b06.png

UALQ400IAD9_zps35d73c6f.png

great pics, Kiad by flightbeam is great. I have it running in P3dv2 and awaiting the q400 to be ported over by Majestic to P3d.......

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

great pics, Kiad by flightbeam is great. I have it running in P3dv2 and awaiting the q400 to be ported over by Majestic to P3d.......

I had just bought the scenery this morning - that was my first flight into there from JFK. It is absolutely amazing looking scenery for sure. I'm gonna stick with FSX for the time being. Once P3D has some bugs ironed out and has more developer support, I'll be jumping ship from FSX.

That cockpit grab is just freaking awesome

I assume you meant 'crab'? Because yeah, there was a pretty nice 15kt slight crosswind coming from the left. The Q400 sure does pick up the winds!

Since I live fairly close to Dulles and near the 1R glideslope where aircraft make the turn to the glideslope, that first shot was scary but a very accurate depiction of what it looks like when fog strikes this area.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No need to wait it works just fine right now. Just install it to the P3DV2 directory. The only setting you have to change is to turn off VC mipmaps. If you are using it on FSX as well then your P3D must be installed to the same drive due to their copy protection scheme ( otherwise you'll have to install it to one sim or the other  - if you don't your aircraft will do backflips and bunny hops)

No need to wait it works just fine right now. Just install it to the P3DV2 directory. The only setting you have to change is to turn off VC mipmaps. If you are using it on FSX as well then your P3D must be installed to the same drive due to their copy protection scheme ( otherwise you'll have to install it to one sim or the other  - if you don't your aircraft will do backflips and bunny hops)

Good to hear! Once some more of the bugs are ironed out in P3D and developers support it more, I'll be leaving FSX behind. Do you find there's any FPS difference between the two? It seems mileage varies greatly between systems - some improve, some decline. It may just be one of those things that you just have to have the luck of the draw!

Since I live fairly close to Dulles and near the 1R glideslope where aircraft make the turn to the glideslope, that first shot was scary but a very accurate depiction of what it looks like when fog strikes this area.

Best regards,

Actually, that first shot was departing out of New York...so not as scary as having to capture a localizer in the prop! :lol: Luckily the weather cleared in Dulles, but boy does fog look fantastic with ActiveSky Next. A real game changer! I almost hunt for bad weather now just to watch my wing disappear in the clouds :P

Speaking of you living in the area, I gotta say that its a very nice place. I visited DC back in 2010, and really like both the airport and area. I definitely wanna return soon!

Thanks,

Brendan