Sign in to follow this  
Rainless

Pmdg 737 Ngx TO/GA Problen When Takeoff

Hi everyone,

I am using PMDG 737 NGX.  

My problem is ;

When takeoff, I am pressing to ToGA button (After N1 %40 and stable), but aircraft not accelerating (I see max %45-50N1). I hear click sound when I press to toga and I see toga is active on LCD.. It works sometimes and not others.

I always starting cold & dark and with correct FMC settings (T/O speeds,trim etc.) i can't understand how sometimes the TOGA works and sometimes it doesn't?

Can anyone help me, what is problem???

Regards..

You might try this. Forget engaging TO/GA at 40% N1. Use TO/GA from idle to start the takeoff. That is the way I am doing it. I was having the same problem you are on maybe 10% of the takeoffs. So per a post I saw I just quit using the throttles to 40% N1. I am only using TO/GA for takeoff.

Please sign your name to your posts per forum rules.

In your FMC, go to menu, then PMDG options/pmdg setup/options/simulation on page 2 there is an option that says AT override, set this to never. That way if you ever move your throttle or there is a jitter on the input it will not turn off the autothrottle. Fixed it for me on the 737 and T7

I just thought of another way which I use on the T7 and it has always worked on the NGX. Advance throttles to 40% N1, engage TO/GA, firewall the throttles until you are at TOC. However, I would still go with just TO/GA and not use the throttles for takeoff.

Make sure your auto throttles are armed...if you've forget that, TOGA won't work...

Thank you very much for all answers.

Always I am using checklist , I mean Im sure auto throotle armed every takeoff..

When this situation,(after toga problem), I am trying thrrotle full but my engines working %103 and with red monitions..

For information, I am using logitech 3d pro joystick and Im using joystick's thrrotle..

maybe releated with joystick?

Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tolqa Ayshan  -  PMDG 737 NGX

Edited by Rainless

maybe releated with joystick?

Again, as mentioned by Michael, above, it's probably to do with your A/T override settings in the PMDG SETUP> menus.  Check for the setting there.  It looks like your physical hardware is interfering with the A/T.

Watch the FMA on takeoff.  My bet is that it surges to 103% as soon as the left side (throttle side) FMA annunciates HOLD.

Kyle Rodgers

I understand..

I will change A/T settings tonight..

Thank you very much for all answers..

Regards..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tolqa Ayshan  -  PMDG 737 NGX

I checked FMC / pmdg's A/T settings..

but already A/T Override = NEVER Selected.

I confused, I quess my problem is not releated with this setting..

Any idea?

Regard..

So you are confirming that your A/T switch on the MCP is ON before take off?

And that when you press TOGO, the throttles do not advance to TO power?

Yes Ralph, Im always confirming..

I guess I found the problem.Im am using FSPax, I disabled FSPax weight and fuel..Maybe releated trim settings or I dont know what, but I have tried 3 flight and no problem for now.

Thank you..

Using any addon with a "loading" function is a big no-no with the NGX!

Using any addon with a "loading" function is a big no-no with the NGX!

What does that exactly mean? Loading in what way? Don't all add-ons have to load initially?

What does that exactly mean? Loading in what way? Don't all add-ons have to load initially?

FSpassengers bypasses the usual way NGX loads things like passenger weight, fuel etc. With some systems, this can end up with all of the passengers and bags being sent to 1 location, messing up the Centre of Gravity (ie: it's almost like you are transporting a mini-black hole of 40+ tonnes, and not 160 passengers and bags).

No idea what that has to do with autothrottle engagement problems though.

Loading as in "self-loading cargo" aka. W&B