Sign in to follow this  
jschall

Missing altimeter in R4D/C47/DC-3

I managed to get the R4D/C-47/DC-3 installed, only to find there's no altimeter in the Virtual Cockpit in any of the models.

Any suggestions how to get the altimeter to display?

Same thing for me. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it still no luck. I then went into the panel config. file and disabled the original altimeter and replaced it  with a different altimeter from another aircraft and it still didn't show up.

Finally got this working.  Went into the DC3 passenger Panel config. file and replaced the Altimeter with A Carenado altimeter out of a F33A Bonanza. I'm sure other aircraft altimeters would also work. I used the same coordinates as the original and that was good.

Thanks for the suggestion, @bjh424! Can I please ask how does one replace one altimeter with one from another plane model? Are there instructions somewhere?

I find it sad that MAAM-SIM didn't fix ths themselves.

What I did was enter a 1 after the word Altimeter in the [VCockpit04] and [VCockpit05] sections of the panel cfg file of the passenger version.

eg; gauge10=MAAM_R4D!Altimeter1,690,421,165

Had same problem on the DC-3, R4D worked properly, so just added a 1 as Papallon suggested...that fixed it. Thanks.

Seems that even if these is no more development team, MAAM could post all the corrections that have to be made on the FSX version so you know what needs to be done before you buy and if you still buy one wouldn't have to spend hours looking through the forum to find all the fixes.

Next to see if I can get rid of the control yoke in the VC...how do I fly an approach when I can't see the needles?

Garry Lundberg