Sign in to follow this  
rjsict

Virtual Cockpit Stutters

Hi,

My first post so please go easy on me!

I have just rebuilt my FSX PC (i7 3770k 4.5Ghz OC, 16Gb DDR3 1600, GTX 680 2Gb, ASUS MoBo) with Win 7 64bt Home on SSD-1 and FSX including addons on SSD-2. Run through Nick's superb guide on optimizing Win 7 for FSX and also Word Not Allowed's guide for configuring nVidia inspector.

I have Word Not Allowed's setup with no other tweaks. I have kept my install as clean as possible, only installing:

GEX

UTX

ASN

Airbus X Extended

UK2000 Gatwick and Edinburgh

I have a superb looking SIM now however on the ground and specifically only in VC in the Airbus X do I get a stutter, especially noticeable when taxiing around corners. This happens at both UK2000 and stock FSX airports. I can cope with it however I would love to get a completely stutter free SIM if any of you kind people can help me?

Word Not Allowed's tweaks are - Affinity Mask=14, UsePools=0

Russ

Hi Russ,

What FSX slider settings are you using and have you got your frames locked inside FSX?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

FSX sliders are:

Terrain and Water - all Max except Water Effects which is High 2x (to stop flashing)

Scenery objects - Complexity is Extremely dense, Autogen is Normal and Special Effects High

Frames are indeed locked inside FSX to 30.

Russ

I guess you have the water settings set as such because of the Bufferpools tweak? If so, delete the BP tweak and drop your water setting to Low x 2. The BP tweak can be the golden chalice on some rigs, but as I have discovered, since upgrading from my GTX580 to the 770, the sim actually performs better without the BP tweak! Do you have the NGX and if so, do you have the same situation as with the Airbus?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Howard,

Many thanks! After doing some further testing it would seem that the stutters every 2-3 seconds or so when turning the AXE is down to FSUIPC4?? I have renamed the FSUIPC module and restarted FSX and hey presto, the stutter has vanished!!? I had read something on here before about FSUIPC causing small problems so just tested that. Gutted though as I have paid for the software and use it to assign all my relevant settings to my controllers  :(

Well, at least you found out the problem. However, now that you know what caused it, I think I'd be inclined to try and iron out the issue rather than give up on the thing. I've used FSUIPC for a couple of years now and it's not been a problem at all. :wink:

Howard

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.