i just got a hold of one from craiglist and im planning to use it with FSX SP2 on a win7 platform, to those of you who use it, what are your opinions of it? 

I wouldn't use anything else.  BUT you must buy Force Feedback 2 from Russell Dirks.  Without this software, you will not be happy with Microsoft's settings.  When you install this software (very easy), you turn off the FF effects in FSX.  You'll really enjoy the stick if you follow this little bit of advice.

Stan

Maybe you should have asked before you bought it?

Mine works well, after all these years.

from my research i saw the FF2 was the best one out there with FSX, finding a good deal on it was hard, given the outrageous prices i have seen

I've bought at least 4 of them on Ebay over the years.  They're in my closet awaiting any problems with the one I'm using.  So....I've got spares.  I'm really upset over the fact that manufacturers have not embraced this force feedback option.  I've always wanted a force feedback yoke...but alas, none to be found.

Stan

+1 for the FS Force 2 software (http://www.dirks-software.ca/fs-force/index.htm). You won't realise just how good the FF2 joystick can be without it. One of its best features, apart from being very customisable, is that it gives you "real-world" stick trim - as you adjust the trim you can feel the stick forces being taken out as the stick re-centres to the new datum! The FF2 is one of the best joysticks for FSX and FS Force 2 lets it reach it's full potential.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I've bought at least 4 of them on Ebay over the years.  They're in my closet awaiting any problems with the one I'm using.  So....I've got spares.  I'm really upset over the fact that manufacturers have not embraced this force feedback option.  I've always wanted a force feedback yoke...but alas, none to be found.

Stan

Can't vouch for the legitimacy of this but I have seen it referenced in quite a few places.

http://irisdynamics....-yoke-pre-order

Looks to be be pretty pricey, but if it finally makes it to market it might be an option. At least looks like someone is working on it.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Have had mine now nigh on for 8-9 years and not one issue with it other than what Stan has advocated to augment it with----Russell Dirk's patch.

First of all...I've seen that advertisement for the FF Yoke.  Way too cumbersome in my opinion, and unreasonably high priced ($800).  We need a major manufacturer like Logitech or someone to mass produce a FF yoke.  Secondly, I've had a few FF2 joysticks require more pressure on certain buttons after years of use.  They seem to wear out.  The stick always works, but if you're used to slight pressure on some of the buttons, that may change with frequent use.  Could be repairable, but I'm not so sure.

That' why I buy spares.

Stan

I have been using one for 10 yrs and it is the one piece of hardware that has withstood the test of time. One piece of software advice...use it with FSForce as mentioned. It creates an unmatched tactile experience.

Ryan Kelly

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

relatively new here sorry about that :P

i started using it, takes time getting use to compared to the sidewinder, i tried with the original MS settings, wild and crazy and stuff 

I just bought 2 of them on ebay same supplier totally immaculate and spotless and am really annoyed I didn't use one sooner!!  immersion immersion immersion but use the software as mentioned but its not cheap..

ZORAN

how did you get a hold of two? @zoran?

I got these 2 for $89 on ebay, silly price for 2 but it was a pawn shop or something, anyway cost another $70 to ship to Thailand but with 2 Im future proofed :-)

th__1_zps4b4d89e5.jpg

ZORAN