Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

KMCO Orlando for FS9 released by Taxi2Gate

Flukey and SithLord for those of us AFCAD users, as distinct from AFCAD tinkerers/experts,  would it be possible for you to share your efforts by uploading to AVSIM's library when you have finished creating?

Many thanks in anticipation.

I second this...  :drinks:

Same, so ive already gone through and updated all radius sizes and updated a few airline terminal moves such as Air Canada from A1 to B4, plus add a couple of airline codes missing from the af2 file (soon to be Thomas cook transfers to MCO from SFB and a couple of seasonal carriers)..

Now she's looking the part :), just need to add a few more FedEx spots that where missing and fix up that side of the field!!

One thing AFCAD's always miss is adding enough GA spots so in high density times GA isn't parking at the terminals.  Another thing is duel runway operation.  I hope the AFCAD didn't move AirTrans terminal location to Southwests.  I would have to change that as most of us have legacy AFCAD and things are changing too fast in the real world.  Though AirTran is going away I will keep it in FS as I'll do with USAirways as a reminder of the good old days. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Flukey and SithLord for those of us AFCAD users, as distinct from AFCAD tinkerers/experts, would it be possible for you to share your efforts by uploading to AVSIM's library when you have finished creating?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Haha!  I am far from an AFCAD expert...believe me.  I just modify and create parking.  :)

I am doing the same as Flukey, in addition to adding some GA spots.  I am using KMCO's website and Flight Stats to gather gate assignments.

I will be happy to share it when finished, although I cannot promise that it will be perfect.  I am what you would consider a beginner when it comes to ADE.

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080 EXTREME ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB ▪︎ Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB NVME SSD (FS2020) ▪︎ Western Digital 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I second this...  :drinks:

One thing AFCAD's always miss is adding enough GA spots so in high density times GA isn't parking at the terminals.  Another thing is duel runway operation.  I hope the AFCAD didn't move AirTrans terminal location to Southwests.  I would have to change that as most of us have legacy AFCAD and things are changing too fast in the real world.  Though AirTran is going away I will keep it in FS as I'll do with USAirways as a reminder of the good old days. 

Air Tran and southwest operate out of the same terminal satellite, but I have included the TRS code so Air tran AI can still be used while operating.. I did however add the SWA code to those spots as an addition as the merge into one continues...

As for my AF2 file its nothing special, its just the Taxi2gate one with slight modifications to aircraft radius/spots only so nothing to do with runway operations

Simmarket shows Taxi2Gate KMCO for FS9 at #4 on this weeks best sellers list! That is a really good sign if you ask me! 

Just picked this up and I must say that it is top notch! Really great to see a developer still producing for us FS9er's. Seems to be doing quite well sales wise as was noted above by Joseph29. Thanks Taxi2Gate!!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Looking forward to AES becoming available for this airport... Just feels like Im missing something when flying in and out of it atm LOL

Simmarket shows Taxi2Gate KMCO for FS9 at #4 on this weeks best sellers list! That is a really good sign if you ask me! 

Would be good to actually know the numbers and if they are good enough for LTBA to be transferred, plus it will show some other developers who may be on the cusp of moving away from FS9 themselves that there is still life in her yet...

good enough for LTBA to be transferred

I'm almost sure that LTBA for FS9 will be a commercial success because in my perception FS2004 is even more popular in the eastern hemisphere than in western Europe and America.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

And #1 FS9 download.

Henning

Now that this has been out for a few weeks now, does anyone know if Taxi2gate have been happy with sales on this airport that they will look at continuing FS9 production?

Hard to tell as they are not replying to my emails...

The question may be allowed if Orlando sellings are representative for prospected sellings of a certain airport, 10th busiest of the world, already available for FSX but without any payware rendition for FS9, situated in an area where there may still be a much wider FS9 user base than in Western Europe, the US and Australia/NZ (at least as far as I know)...

However, T2G may decide however they want on the base of any statistics of their choice. But you're right, if a company like T2G with outstanding products and support decided to end FS9 development, it would be really sad...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I like this scenery but AI traffic disappear when they land on 17L or 35R. Does anyone else have this problem|?

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

It may just be part of the overall AFCAD issues afflicting this scenery (Parking radius too small, taxiway links not complete etc etc).

Their forum states "No support given" there.

My first email went out to them 3 weeks ago.

I have followed up with 2 more emails, no response, a pity...

I still like the scenery and may take the plunge to attack the AFCAD comprehensively.

Do they mean no support given for the AFCAD issues? Or no support for the scenery itself?