Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye4077

Ezdok - Problems when switching views.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I recently bought Ezdok's camera add-on and have had very little luck with it so far and it is becoming increasigly annoying after spending money on the product.

I have re-installed the product several times, I have successfully used the configuration program, deletes all the default keys such as A/S/shift+A etc, assigned them using ezdok studio and still no luck.

Now I'm experiencing a problem with camera switching.

When I 'click' on the different camera's in the (Ezca studio) all works fine. They float from one to another just as I programmed them to do.

Now I bind the A, SHIFT A, S and SHIFT S to them via the Studio setup, and when I press these key's FSX goes nuts... It switches between cams, but not in the way as they do when I use the mouse to click on them in the Studio.

There is no floating and FSX uses it's own random camera's so it seems.

Please help with this issue if you have had this problem and sorted it out or have any idea what the problem may be. I'm sure you all know how annoying these kinds of problems can be when you just can't seem to sort them out. Thank you very much in advance!:)

I had similar problems on mine and it was as a result of FSX not removing the default key setups when it said it was. I found the solution was to assign something else to the key remove it and then assign the ezdok settings. I also found FSX Genius on youtube to be really helpful in setting this up and now my ezdok works flawlessly time after time. some of this video is about the downloading the app so you can skip through a fair bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHbKrrzWDM&list=PL5ROzH49SRwtij2uQBwpx41_RFYq2P46F

hope it helps

Brian

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

That still hasn't dome the trick:/ Thank you very much for the advice though and thanks for the video, that will come in handy if I ever get this sorted out!

If you say that pressing "A/S" or "shift A/S" is still using the default FSX cameras then your defaults have not been deleted. Try removing them and not assigning the new ones in Ezdok. if then when pressing "A/S" or "shift A/S" nothing happens then you know you have them deleted properly.

Out of interest what aircraft are you using Ezdok on or is the problem common to all?

I've been using it for about 6 months now and have no issues at all. I did at first but since watching that video and getting my head around the settings I've not looked back...so to speak :)

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I've tried doing that and when I do press A/S the cameras don't move, I presume because they have deleted correctly. When I say that it still seems to be using the dafault views, that isn't quite accurate. They have the default names that fsx always has when I switch, but the cameras are zoomed in at random things and angles around the cockpit.

I'm trying to use the PMDG 777 mostly but I have tried several and had the same results.

I'm at work at the moment and won't be able to get at my setup until after 8pm UK time but Ill take a look at my settings and see if I can help you more then.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

just checking you did follow the instructions in the video ;)

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

OK great I'll check what settings I've got tonight and then either post them on here or get them available for you to download.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Do a screenshot of your Ezdok - Options- define keys setup page.

Do testing using default aircreation aircraft.

What is your OS?

Did you watch these setup videos:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38637&SID=1125227f41175z4f618efd2e5a6e53280439815&title=my-ezdok-setup-videos

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Okay thank you Brian.

Vonmar- I'm not at my computer right now but I will when I get home later.

Windows 7

and not thosr particular videos but I have watched several others and I seem to be doing exactly the same as them.

Also:

Do testing using default aircreation aircraft.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ok here are all of my settings ezdok_zpsdf3b8dee.jpg

I use a spare hat switch on my joystick up and down on the hat to move between views left and right on the hat to jump from VC to AC views.

If I press S/A or shiftS/shiftA on the keyboard it takes me through all the default FSX cameras as it did before I installed Ezdok.

If hte keyboard assignments in FSX are not clear then you will get a strange jerky effect as you try to toggle between cameras.

I don;t have the PMDG777 only the PMDG737 but this shouldn't make any difference there is a 777 camera set you can grab from frooglesims facebook page.

let us know how you get on

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png