Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

PMDG 777X weather radar or an April Fools joke?

ASN has a wx radar that can be integrated, but the post from Mr Randazzo, to a waypoint called APFL (as in APRIL FOOL) and showing 4.1 ton of fuel for that waypoint (as in April 1st), I daresay points to him having a bit of fun on April Fools.

Nope, It's true

I cant tell if your being sarcastic but if you are not, then it seems you are the only one who thinks it is :-)

On the FMC. It says one of the alternate airports is APFL. That is not a real airport. So my speculation is that it is fake. 

Dane Quartel 

This is great news.  I hope they also do it for the NGX if they ever come out with SP2 for that.  Would be nice if this catches on, and Majestic does the same for the Dash.

I take back everything I cursed at the screen this morning. Sorry, Rob. After the psychological tricks and tormenting, in the long run you always get 100% from PMDG + 25% extra. 

I cant tell if your being sarcastic but if you are not, then it seems you are the only one who thinks it is :-)

I was right

Good news by PMDG, I had a feeling ever since it debuted that the ASN radar would find its way into the 777!

I knew they wouldn't be so cruel to post it as a complete joke, that would not be fair to all the PMDG fans. This is great news that we finally get WX. Can't wait for the service pack! WX was the last feature missing desperately in the PMDG airplane and once it is released their addon will be perfect.

I would think that if ASN is providing the wx radar, it would require the PMDG user to already own ASN to fully utilize that feature.   So if it is indeed the long awaited wx radar, I imagine it will be a free addon from Hifi only for ASN owners.

No, I don't think there is any new 'addon' to download other than the upcoming SP2 for the 777 itself.  They're just interfacing with ASN, and ASN only at this point, and displaying the data on the MFD.