Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Bits I like:

We are essentially finished with work on the SP1 update for the PMDG 777-200LR/F,

B)

Don't like, -_- only coz this means delay .... the QC bit is essential and let's hope any issues are quickly resolved:

but we are not yet happy with it on the Quality Control side, so it remains in testing for the moment.  We are chasing down a few behaviors in the fly-by-wire system that we do not like, researching a few reports of unexpected problems that our beta testers have identified, and generally going through the normal process to verify all the changes we have made.

Like:

We have added almost a dozen completely new features to the airplane, one of those features is a simulation of the operational FMC datalink for performance, weather forecast along route, alternate data, etc.   (But we’ll come back to that a bit later!)

and

Now- we still have a few items we are working to resolve, such as a proper ground reflectance model but we don’t want to hold up the whole SP1 or keep this little radar gem disabled while we work that out- so look for ground interaction in a future model…

And the best bit .... :lol:

We rolled this out to our beta testers last week, and they are in love with it.

Now that I like :)

Tessa Hauke

Time to crack open the manuals and read that section on weather radar.

Okay- more information on some of the other new features in just a bit!

I'm thinking one more update tonight!

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

We have to buy the HIFI as a separate expansion for this to work?

Wow, what a cool feature

......and I hope Damian Clark can implement this feature so that the updated ASN weather package (including this new feature) can run on a second PC, downloading the weather from the HiFi servers, massaging the data prior to sending it over the network connection, only to be injected into the PMDG 777 ND display directly, or via another module.

Anything  that can be off-loaded to a 2nd PC should help minimize the resource load on the PC running FSX or P3D?

ASN, coupled with either the PMDG 737 or 777 is combination that is unbeatable...................realistic weather makes sim flying so immersive. With PFPX for flight planning, it doesn't get any better than this!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi robert, quick question, i notice the seems to have what appears to be an auto tilt function (am i mistaking the A for something else?), but will it also have the option to look at weather at a selectable Flight Level instead of an angle, or is that a different model radar?

Secondly, will it depict windshear and show its alert and FD guidance?

You know what'll make everyone happy?

Port it to the NGX.

Nate Guarasci

That would be absolutely epic; while I'm sure a lot of us own the 777, theirs plenty who like me use the NGX as their trusted FS plane as we prefer the 1-3 hour flight segments.

We have to buy the HIFI as a separate expansion for this to work?

PMDG stated that it would be up to others to work with PMDG for their product to give data to the 777.

Maybe this is why REX 4 Wx direct is taking so long... :ph34r:

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Real happy to hear about this Captain Randazzo!!! A couple weeks ago I was descending into KMSY (New Orleans), when i ran into what seemed to be the mother of all storms. The turbulence was so bad I wasn't sure we were going to make it, I eventually disconnected the autopilot and took over, but that wasn't much better. If you're using ASN weather radar is a MUST!!!

Thanks for the hard work PMDG!!!!!

Richard Bansa

As always, thanks for the update Robert!  Truly amazing and can't wait.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Great work!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Gents-

A few of you can't seem to get it into your habit pattern to sign your posts.

I am going to start handing out very stiff forum bans if I have to keep removing your posts because you can't adjust to a forum rule we enacted in 1999...

(Not an April Fools' Joke)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

My heart has officially stopped !!!

Trust me. Its my ghost typing this ...

lolololol :LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Besides the WXR, I got slightly excited because I thought I saw Radius-To-Fix legs on the ND matching the Abbortsford RNP 07 departure....but then I realised it's the right airport but not the right departure...  :lol: B) ...

DWcn0BG.png

Me thinks about having latest ARINC format in PMDG buses :Drooling: :Drooling: