Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Not that I know of. Just because they didn't go into beta together - doesn't mean they're going to publicly release separately...

Ok; I understand

so do i need a separate weather engine so the weather radar will work?

At this stage asn is  the only weather  addon that will work, down the track the other addons may come on board. imo  asn is the best there is  at the  moment

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

so do i need a separate weather engine so the weather radar will work? 

As of now only the WX radar will work with Active Sky Next.

For those about to gripe because they will need to buy a realistic weather simulator like Active Sky Next for the weather radar to work I say deal with it.  I ask you to think back to your very first sim experience after you loaded the software and began to fly.  Remember?  There was nothing.  After that nothing I guess you installed an aircraft or maybe a scenery.  For me after this point was countless amounts of scenery and aircraft, mostly freeware.  Ladies and Gentleman we are lucky to have a product on the market with so many players in the game creating detailed recreations of our familiar landmarks, aircraft, and most importantly weather.  Aviation is really all about our atmosphere and weather.  If it wasn't for changing weather aviation would be the exact same calculations every single day.  Fast forward from your days of installing freeware and putting around Meigs Field.  You probably have close to a thousand dollars worth of stuff installed on your machine related to your sim (I know I do) so don't you owe it to yourself to buy something that is going to make the most important part of flying more realistic in your sim?  It is weather.  REX can give you textures.  AS2012 can give you a really good weather engine (I had it!  It's REALLY good!) but Active Sky Next really is the best thing going so don't gripe about having to upgrade.  

My next point is remember all the planes you've purchased (PMDG or otherwise) that didn't come with top-of-the-line features like (accurate) WXR or shared cockpit?  Yeah...they are plentiful.  You don't see people over on GSX's forum complaining that the marshaller doesn't do the "secret handshake wave off" like they see in real life.  We should ALL BE HAPPY that this WXR feature is actually being worked on instead of complaining that you need to buy something to get it to work.   If you don't upgrade yourself to ASN then at the end of the day all you're getting is a PMDG plane!  :LMAO:

My view is, if you're not flying with ASN to begin with, you're not at the sim level to experience what PMDG is trying to give you in the first place.  End of story.  

Also, Kyle, you're a d!ck for not sharing photos of beta2.0  B)  

Wow. Greatest thing my eyes have seen so far in the FS world. Thanks for bringing us a usable WX radar to the T7.

And, as others have already stated, please also bring the WX radar to the NGX!

Dave P. Woycek

I don't like the idea of ASN on my fsx machine. When I start my flight, I do not touch the fsx menu, to preserve VAS.

1. ASN doesn't install to the FSX menus. 2. Accessing the FSX menus doesn't cause VAS to go up. There is a bugged uiautomationcore.dll file in Windows versions 7 and and higher that can cause crashes, but this is not related to VAS.

Quick question, is ASN pushing live data to the T7 constantly, or is it taking a snapshot prior to the flight and importing that data for use as you're flying? (That sounds like a pretty stupid question, I know, but my mind is playing tricks with me...)

I can't go too deeply into how it works but ASN itself is constantly live and the 777 radar requests the slice of the sky that it needs from it as needed. You are not getting a static view on the display that never changes as you fly - it represents the precipitation that ASN is actually injecting into the simulator.

Couple questions, will there be documentation included with SP1 on how to properly operate the radar?

Yes, there will be a section added to the intro manual explaining the basics.

As great as this 777 addon is.. im still waiting for the shared cockpit to be done? if majestic can do it perfectly, and have already made the first fully working implemented weather radar for FSX, shared cockpit, they've done alot of things first so why praise PMDG the most for being second?

That product's radar does not do what we're doing here - trust me. (and it's hilarious to me how people will take a major feature announcement here as a signal that they should complain that we didn't do another huge feature too / instead - c'mon...)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ASN is the same as the 777 in weather engines. Simply the best and miles ahead.

PMDG, i never asked anything from you but i have to agree that if this weather radar makes it to the next service pack on the NGX, it would be a very welcome addition that would enhance the simulation quite a lot. Please consider it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You realize he posted this news on April Fool's Day.  I think it is a hoax!  You are got scammed.

Paul Gugliotta

Great news!

Quick qeustion for SP1 - will there be an option to remove the boeing clock in the cockpit, since new 777's don't have those anymore?

Yes, the electronic clock is one of the new options in SP1.

So just to be clear, if we are not using ASN the WXR will be completely inop or it will just not be as accurate?

It does not work without ASN - there is no 3D precipitation model for it to use otherwise.

What is the maximum range of the weather radar in the PMDG 777? The ASN "weather radar" tool has a maximum range of 50NM around the airplane for predicting the realistic percipitation, if I recall correctly. I hope the PMDG weather radar has a bigger range and can predict the percipitation for the current altitude correctly. 

Anyways, big news and thank you PMDG

There is an 80nm maximum range to ASN's precip injection zone currently. We are trying to increase this but a lot of it comes down to limitations in the base FSX weather system that everything has to abide by. I have spoken with actual pilots and was told 80nm is right around the max useful range for planning deviations and stuff anyway - the beam really starts to spread out and get low resolution the further out you get and it's often smeared out in a sense so much that it isn't useful until you're closer to what you're seeing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, the electronic clock is one of the new options in SP1.

It does not work without ASN - there is no 3D precipitation model for it to use otherwise.

There is an 80nm maximum range to ASN's precip injection zone currently. We are trying to increase this but a lot of it comes down to limitations in the base FSX weather system that everything has to abide by. I have spoken with actual pilots and was told 80nm is right around the max useful range for planning deviations and stuff anyway - the beam really starts to spread out and get low resolution the further out you get and it's often smeared out in a sense so much that it isn't useful until you're closer to what you're seeing.

Cool! Can you post a pic of this electronic clock? Or send me a link so i can see this clock. I´m asking becouse i´ve never seen this "new" electronic clock. I´m very interested in seeing one. 

ASN is the same as the 777 in weather engines. Simply the best and miles ahead.

PMDG, i never asked anything from you but i have to agree that if this weather radar makes it to the next service pack on the NGX, it would be a very welcome addition that would enhance the simulation quite a lot. Please consider it.

they already did and announced it a few times! Lucky you ,)