Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

I have the same confusion. Could anyone clarify this,please?

Miquel Egea.

Impressive  B)

All we need now is our co-pilot (cough, cough) ^_^

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I knew there was a hidden reason I ditched OpusFSX after 6 months and went back to AS2012 and then upgraded to ASN. The WX Radar looks impressive.

I haven't really used the 777 a lot since i purchased it, it always seemed a little sterile compared to the Q400 and the NGX, i think i'll give it another go once the update (and of course the BUTTON edition of FS2Crew) is released.

Good news about the weather radar, i assume we will not be seeing this in the J41?

I know wrong place to ask, any news at all on the DC-6?  It looked (cosmetically) finished on the last preview, since then we have seen nothing at all..

Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

Edited

For anyone interested OPUS is going to start looking into this

Lee

I doubt as more code is introduced.

As a general rule, PMDG find new ways to increase performance despite adding features, SP1 was much better on performance than standard with the NGX.  I would be very surprised if performance was worse.

Ian R Tyldesley

Wow. Greatest thing my eyes have seen so far in the FS world. Thanks for bringing us a usable WX radar to the T7.

And, as others have already stated, please also bring the WX radar to the NGX!

According to rsrandazzo in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438434-01apr14-happy-april-fools-oh-did-you-guys-make-us-laugh

This WX Radar will be included in the NGX and 744v2.

For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time.

This is great news. I have ASN, and it has delivered outstanding performance. Fighting through spring storms is going to be even more fun. I am counting the days to SP1.

ive been reading through here and cant quite tell as there seem to be a few differing opinions on weather this new wx radar will work correctly if ASN is on a networked pc? or does it have to be on the same pc as fsx? ideally would be much better if asn can be run on a networked pc so that fsx doesn't have to be messed with ie, minimizing fsx to access asn  which is very handy to be able to access for many reasons during a flight if for nothing else than the moving map view.

can someone from pmdg or one of the beta team please confirm this either way .

tks

kav