Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - Happy April Fools'. (OH did you guys make us laugh!)

Is it like a sweeping effect?

Yep. I flew out of KOAK earlier, and just sat there for a couple minutes watching the weather move on the radar. :lol: And yes, I realize how sad that sounds. :blush:

Like this from the real world (Go 95 seconds in, not sure if it'll link properly). Notice how you can see it sweep when it crosses over the weather. That's what it looks like. And just as an FYI, the terrain radar will do this too with SP1.

And just as an FYI, the terrain radar will do this too with SP1

There is no Terrain radar on a 777.

There's the Weather Radar (which will pick up ground reflections in some circumstances)

and the Terrain Data/EGPWS which has a map of hills in a computer database which it compares with the ADIRU/GPS/IRS position of the aircraft. There is no Electromagnetic Radiation reflection occurring for the Terrain Data derived map to receive data from. A computer mapping database does not a "radar" make.

There is no Terrain radar on a 777.

There's the Weather Radar (which will pick up ground reflections in some circumstances)

and the Terrain Data/EGPWS which has a map of hills in a computer database which it compares with the ADIRU/GPS/IRS position of the aircraft. There is no Electromagnetic Radiation reflection occurring for the Terrain Data derived map to receive data from. A computer mapping database does not a "radar" make.

You're right of course, slight mistake in terminology. Unfortunately I am not perfect.

Very Clever but I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that you guys where making a WX Radar because of all the latest advances in it (ASN/REX).

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Unfortunately I am not perfect.

And none of us are  :biggrin:

Fun times indeed, glad it is the 2nd of April now.

Any more info about datalink? What does it do on the PMDG and with what software this can be used?

Notice how you can see it sweep when it crosses over the weather. That's what it looks like. And just as an FYI, the terrain radar will do this too with SP1.

The raster sweep for TERR is modeled in SP1? Sweet.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

And none of us are  :biggrin:

Watch out Luke,  speak for yourself.

Watch out Luke,  speak for yourself.

No one's perfect in life... if so, be interested to see who is  :lol:

You guys have no idea how hard it was to keep this under wraps while we were developing it lol - my jaw dropped the first time I saw it motion in one of the SP1 alpha builds.

I'm glad my 2 minute "use Photoshop to make this real screenshot look like it was Photoshopped" work last night fooled you all haha.

Ryan, can I ask, on behalf of everyone, just one question? Does this weather radar simulation have any/much impact on frame rates compared to when not using it?

Ryan, can I ask, on behalf of everyone, just one question? Does this weather radar simulation have any/much impact on frame rates compared to when not using it?

Not that I have noticed. It's basically just like turning the TERR switch on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

oh my Lord!

please add weather radar to ngx too please!

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Will there be implementation for airborne weather radar returns (stretched returns due to beam, conflicting with objects in path... etc)? Looking good though !

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

wait a sec hang on......I'm confused.......you're saying the wx radar ACTUALLY EXISTS?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!

ah that's pleasant :smile:

I don't mind if we do get one, I don't mind if we don't get one :smile: