Sign in to follow this  
PilotGoGo

My front gear on fsx wont turn in taxi. Help?

I'm trying to taxi my B737-800 ( done before ), but for some reason I cannot turn the front gear when I twist my joystick. ( only turns rudder but the plane does not turn nor does the front gear ) How do I unlock the front gear to turn?

The front wheel animation is linked to the rudder, and that wheel will only move when the plane is already moving (the same also applies for the plane turning). I'm not sure about real life, but I can imgaine that it is not possible to turn the front wheel of a B738 while stanidng either, as there simply is too much friction - just think about how hard it can be to turn the steering wheel of a standing car, and that has a mere 2 tons or less.

Also, it might be that such animations are not shown in playback or video mode.

The front wheel animation is linked to the rudder, and that wheel will only move when the plane is already moving (the same also applies for the plane turning). I'm not sure about real life, but I can imgaine that it is not possible to turn the front wheel of a B738 while stanidng either, as there simply is too much friction - just think about how hard it can be to turn the steering wheel of a standing car, and that has a mere 2 tons or less.

Also, it might be that such animations are not shown in playback or video mode.

What I mean is, after landing it wont turn... when departed it was taxing fine.

So after landing it won't turn at all?

That's odd - sorry to say, but in that case I can't help, at least not at the moment, but maybe I find the time to check in the afternoon.

Is this a default 738 or one from an addon developer company? If it's an addon, try sending them a support email and see if they can help resolve your issue.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Is this a default 738 or one from an addon developer company? If it's an addon, try sending them a support email and see if they can help resolve your issue.

I'm new to fsx maybe i pressed something that locked it foward?? At the moment yes it is the default fsx 737-800. On departure... the gear does in fact work... On landing it just wont turn.

Edit: I've done some research and it is a bug from loading a fsx flight that you've saved before a landing. ( what i did. ) This bug is caused by the default 737 FSUIPC. I'm moving on to PMDG now since I've got basics down. Thanks all for trying to help in general.

If it's default, I'm not quite sure what's the issue.

Try this:

This is unrealistic - but try moving your joystick left or right like you would when you turn left / right. All FSX aircraft should be steerable this way as well. Is it at least able to move left / right?

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

but try moving your joystick left or right like you would when you turn left / right. All FSX aircraft should be steerable this way as well. Is it at least able to move left / right?

It should if you have autorudder on. It's how I taxi, since I only have yoke, and no pedals. 

Edit: I've done some research and it is a bug from loading a fsx flight that you've saved before a landing. ( what i did. ) This bug is caused by the default 737 FSUIPC. I'm moving on to PMDG now since I've got basics down. Thanks all for trying to help in general.

What is "the default 737 FSUIPC"? What on Earth has FSUIPC got to do with this?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

What is "the default 737 FSUIPC"? What on Earth has FSUIPC got to do with this?

Pete

That's what I'm thinking as well. And I thought you had to download / purchase FSUIPC? And that it doesn't come with FSX? ("default 737 FSUIPC")

I could be wrong though...

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

With the default A321 you can break the nose wheel steering if you land too hard , lower the flaps at too high an airspeed or something like that, can't remember. Anyhow it may be the same in the default 737. I've done this before and the only way to steer off the runway is to thrust one engine only. Maybe that is the cause.

Ed

Hi all, i have just got the same problem, yesterday i could taxi and use the nose wheel, flying PMDG aircraft, today i downloaded and installed Aerosofts A318-19 and now the nose wheel will not turn on bought or default aircraft, could some one give me a heads up as to why this could be, i really love to fly my sim but not all that clued up on the finer points ( apologies to all you experienced simmers and RL pilots).

any help would be appreciated

Dash :huh:

Help!! :shok:

Where did you download the Aerosoft A-318-19 from?  Do you suspect it may have caused your difficulties?  Do you have advanced animations checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 hours ago, Dash121 said:

Hi all, i have just got the same problem,

In the future you should start a new thread rather that resurrecting one that's three years old... :cool:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator