Sign in to follow this  
PlanePhysician

Retrieving my copy of the 747-400X

My computer crashed and I lost most everything. I had a backup copy saved of the 747-400X but when I went to install, it kept failing as did my other backups for aircraft and scenery. Is there anyway to download a fresh copy so I can get it reinstalled without having to purchase it again? Thanks in advance

I would recommend checking your PC first, and then worry about getting the 744 again from PMDG. If the rest of your addons are not installing correctly, I suspect it's an issue from your end.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Thanks Lashrathius, but the backup of my files was from my Windows backup (on a seperate drive) and the all of those files were corrupt. I tried lots of disk recovery programs but none were able to fix any of them. I tried a fresh install of Windows andgot the same result.

Wait - so you're saying the backup disk drive that contains all of your addons are corrupt?

Ouch... Try sending a support ticket to PMDG and see what they say.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I tried that twice. No reply.....Starting to get little ###### off. I mean first of all, if I purchase a product such as this, I should be able to download it whenever I want....for God's sake......It's software and it's PAID FOR. Nobody is going through any sort of difficulty or having to jump though hoops to send a new link. Second, to make someone buy an extended download which is only good for for one year is retarded. Like I said, I bought it, I should be able to get it anytime I need it. Thats called Product Support which is a part of Customer Service. SimMarket on Simflight.com tried the same extended download thing.....it didn't work. now they have your downloads available all the time. Computers crash, hard drives fail ...... hell there are those people out there that don't have a clue what they're doing and end up deleting their files on accident. Sorry to vent....Just getting tired of the lack of "make the customer happy" these days. Thanks again......

I'm having a similar problem. but I do have a good backup of when I first ever downloaded it.   

My problem is I need to re-install it but the PMDG loader wont activate it. So how do I start a ticket I can't fine a link anywhere?