Sign in to follow this  
Cole_

Glossy Scenery Textures at Dusk?

ud2RLsK.jpg

This image demonstrates the "glossy" shiny effect I get when the sun is shining down on a considerable angle upon the ground, usually at dawn or dusk. You can see it makes the textures look unnatural and weird...

5afxcn1.jpg

This is a screenshot of normal scenery, taken in the middle of the day. See how there is no glossy-ness and it looks a lot more natural.

So, my question is, how can I edit the sun texture/ground textures/data refs to make this stupid effect go away?

Cheers.

By the look of it, you have UrbanMaxx installed. Could that be the culprit?

ud2RLsK.jpg

This image demonstrates the "glossy" shiny effect I get when the sun is shining down on a considerable angle upon the ground, usually at dawn or dusk. You can see it makes the textures look unnatural and weird...

5afxcn1.jpg

This is a screenshot of normal scenery, taken in the middle of the day. See how there is no glossy-ness and it looks a lot more natural.

So, my question is, how can I edit the sun texture/ground textures/data refs to make this stupid effect go away?

Cheers.

I have the same issue. It appears to be an urbanmax bug but i kind like it so i haven't complained.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Yeah that's a feature of UrbanMaxx. I agree it's a little overcooked but a bit of gloss off of urban areas at low sunlight angles probably makes sense.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Guest Mik75

I agree that there are circumstances under which this feature can look quite good and convincing. But if these glossy textures are the only thing that stuck out of the fog or haze, it looks completely unrealistic. I have this happening very often...