Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

PMDG 737 - SP2

Hello everyone,

I have googled and searched and am not coming up with much.

What is the plan behind the 737 SP2 if any? Can one expect something this year or does the T7 have priority at the moment?

Best regards,
Rene

rene

the T7 as you call it is a priority ..... fixing it (77L) will lead to a 77W expansion pack which incrementally many more will buy perhaps even me (as long as they buy the 77L to start with) !!

there is little value for pmdg in free updates to the ngx, so an SP2 is hardly likely imho !!

for now, cheers

john martin

there is little value for pmdg in free updates to the ngx, so an SP2 is hardly likely imho !!

well, there is huge value for pmdg.. in case they fixed something on the core (or something called like that, which is a huge part of both the 777 and the 737), it would be bad to keep one product on the old core and another on a new one. in case there is a problem later on, it can easily be fixed on both products. not when one has an older version.

Also, remember that part of the idea of SP2 was to take some of the lessons learned (and improvements) from the 777 and cascade them back.  If the 777 isn't in top shape, it wouldn't be too smart to start sending those updates back.

Kyle Rodgers

kyle / team

it is just that i can't see free updates in the form of a service pack.... but i can see a v2 (upgrade) for a small fee.

such an upgrade would include those ported 777 improvements (hopefully giving reduced fps) and of course wx radar !!

for me, there is little else in the ngx to improve !! 

for now, cheers

john martin

An SP2 for the NGX is in the works, that will incorporate some T7 features and probably improve performance, but it will indeed come after the T7 SP1 and -300ER release.  Now that the team figured out how to incorporate a realistic WX radar from working with the HiFi team, I'm sure we will see it in the NGX SP2.  Visual models of the split scimitar winglets for the -800 and -900 would nice too since many real world carriers plan to retrofit their current NGs with them.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Mr Randazzo just confirmed that the weather radar will be implementet into the NGX at some point.

Mr Randazzo just confirmed that the weather radar will be implementet into the NGX at some point.

Where?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Tabs did, it's in one if the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Where?

Gents-

While we certainly do appreciate the kind words- lets not forget that we created the airplane side of the implementation.  The really difficult stuff with respect to managing precipitation in the sim was done by HiFi... 

Just don't want that to get lost in the shuffle!

For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time.

It was also mentioned pre release of the 777 that the flap animation bug fixed during testing of the 777 would also lead to the same bug being fixed in the 737 in a future SP.

Cheers.

Matt Webb