Sign in to follow this  
stevieb

Start two for me please

Loving this new release, and, for the most part, getting on well with the flows and checklists.  One thing, though, is still eluding me; so far, I've not been able to get the FO to start either engine.  I'm sure I must be missing something really simple, and would appreciate any suggestions.  I'm following the steps in the tutorial and made sure that in the briefing the Captain has declared that the FO will start the engines.  I've tried before, during and after pushback, and after starting one of the engines myself, but none of the conditions I've used has had any effect.  In each case the FO has confirmed "Clear on two" at the end of the engine start checklist, and my start command is being recognised.  Please could someone kindly explain what I'm doing wrong.

Stephen Banks

Hi

This may help?

Make sure you read back (after below the line and after the APU BLEED call)

"Clear On Two" right after the FO says 'Engine? - Clear on two'

Cheers

Rusty

Many thanks, Rusty & Bryan.  That's precisely what I needed to do.  :smile:

Kind regards,

Steve

Stephen Banks

Thank you also!

I feel like such an idiot having re read the manual. CLEAR ON TWO -CR

I was having a bit of trouble with this last night and the engine start checklist was complete.  I requested the FO start two for me please, during pushback.  He moved the Fuel lever and start switches but nothing happened.  What I figured out, nothing will happen (starter will not engage) unless the parking brake is set.  As soon as pushback was complete and I set the parking brake, the # 2 starter engaged and it started to spool on the displays.  I would've thought we could start two during pushback?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I was having a bit of trouble with this last night and the engine start checklist was complete.  I requested the FO start two for me please, during pushback.  He moved the Fuel lever and start switches but nothing happened.  What I figured out, nothing will happen (starter will not engage) unless the parking brake is set.  As soon as pushback was complete and I set the parking brake, the # 2 starter engaged and it started to spool on the displays.  I would've thought we could start two during pushback?

You might want to ask the Majestic aircraft Forum about that since I have no control over the engine start logic.

I don't see how the parking brake would be relevant though...  you can start the Q400's engines on battery power alone... 

Maybe he is using gsx  which would cause issue on the pushback starting of  engines?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Maybe he is using gsx  which would cause issue on the pushback starting of  engines?

Oh, now that's a thought - I was indeed using GSX pushback at FSDT's KFLL.  No spooling on number two until GSX asked me to set the parking brake after pushback was complete.  Weird...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

known bug  using  gsx push back,  been already noted(  use gsx  push back   than after push back start eng, or use  majestic push back start engines on push back  choice is your )

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg