Sign in to follow this  
EDHL0001

Taxiway boundary blue lights at LOWW

Using DX10 SF I have nearly no more (or not visible) blue lights at the taxiway boundaries (left and right) at FlyTampa's Vienna = LOWW, I tried it also setting the Legacy Shader completely to the left, but with no change. In DX9 the lights are to be seen.

Is there anyway how to "improve" those lights in DX10 - because on other airports like LOWI they look great in DX10. 

Regards,

Hanse

Hallo....

all lights at LOWW are very dark and I have two kinds of "blue" lights.

blue and round (taxiway L, only on side of RWY 11-39 and the others)

blue-white and long (taxiway M)

hope you can see in the picture....live is more coloreful

m7tfdlhs.jpg

do you have testet the new file from Steve??

Hi,

I do not see any "blue" lights on your screenshot at all....... but how do you manage to integrate screenshots into your message? In other forums I just can attach jpg-files and then those are displayed as part of the message.

I tested Steve's new file and my problems at LOWI are now solved with that new file......

Regards,

Hanse

I can see two blue-round and two blue-white-long lights

dh7n94jd.jpg

1. FSX ---> set Pause

2. Snipping tool (you can find in: C:\Windows\system32)

3. cut out the segment you want and save as jpg-file

4. upload with par example: directupload.net

5. copy the URL and paste it in "Image"

sorry, I´m from German....can not explane such things understandable.

I do compare the ones at LOWW with the lights at LOWI..... The difference you can see in the pictures below:

LOWW -

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF01B36902F93518!304&authkey=!ALt3WljTNH-E3W8&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

LOWI -

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF01B36902F93518!305&authkey=!AO-eVFoV-RkilxU&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

So may question stays: Is there any way to "improve" those taxiway lights at LOWW?

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse, have you downloaded the Vienna 2.5 update? - I notice that Martin said that it improved DX10 compatibility.

Hanse, have you downloaded the Vienna 2.5 update? - I notice that Martin said that it improved DX10 compatibility.

Steve, yes I did ........I really do not know what do e.g. I am able to taxi at night only with "Landing Lights" on otherwise I do not see anything. But what I recognized is that if the airplane lights directly "shine" on the blue taxiway lights they are "blooming" e. g. are exactly what is required and then they look like the ones at LOWI.

Regards,

Hanse 

Have You tried to install the LOWW_LightField.BGL into the corresponding LOWW scenery folder as explained in the DX10SceneryFixer_V2.1, page 36?

Perhaps this may help.

Wulf

I would doubt any need for a light field as Fly Tampa use a different technique for lights to Aerosoft.

Are you using SweetFx?

Perhaps try disabling the general shader

• First I tried installing the light field at LOWW - but no change.......
  • The same with disabling the General Shader in the DX10 Controller - no change.....
  • Yes I am using Sweet FX

So, maybe I have to live with it.......

Regards,

Hanse