Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Floor

Our 777 ETOPS flights

Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good idea to share our long-haul flights on this thread, comment on routes, alternates, fuel consumptions, interesting details, maybe post some screenshots etc,

I'll start myself with my flight from Frankfurt to San Francisco, EDDF-KSFO on the next post.

Might use this first post as an index, so that anyone can easily navigate through our ETOPS flights.

Departure: Frankfurt am Main, Germany - EDDF

Arrival: San Francisco, USA - KSFO

Arrival alternate: Los Angeles, USA - KLAX

Distance: 5100 NM

Time: 11:15 h

Route:

BIBTI UZ28 SUPUR UP1 ROLUM UP13 ASKAM UL7 SUM UM125 GONUT G11 MY G3 KEF GIMLI/N0480F320 UT594 SOSIT UT593 DA UW28 HB DARUB NCAD RIDOK/N0480F340 NCAD YMM J527 YNY TWISP ELN LMT RBL GOLDN6

QoZYOxy.png

The route is airway "supported" all the way except for two small jumps between Keflavik KEF and GIMLI (120 NM) and between Holsteinborg HB and DARUB (150 NM). Also, after reaching YNY (Enderby) we abbandon the last airway J527 to proceed direct to TWISP, ELN, LMT and RBL (Red Bluff) for a Golden Gate 6 arrival into Frisco. 

Fuel boarded: 101.000 kgs

Fuel used: 86.400 kgs

Initial FL300, S/C to FL320 at GIMLI and FL340 at RIDOK. 

Enroute alternates:

EGPH - Edinbourgh (UK)

BIKF - Keflavik (Iceland)

BGSK - Kangerlussuak (Greenland, DK)

CYFB - Iqaluit (Canada)

CYYQ - Churchill (Canada)

CYEG - Edmonton (Canada)

KSEA - Seattle (USA)

The flight wasn't really an ETOPS flight, you're always within an hour or 420 NM of an airport except for a tiny 20 NM jump from 080D to 090D on NCAD airway. Airport CYRT (Rankin Inlet) was in range, however it has a rather short runway at 6000 ft. 6000 ft is not much, even less so considering an aircraft that comes in for landing with one engine out (meaning no reverse) and lower flap setting (meaning higher approach speed). In case of extreme necessity (dying passenger or the like) it could be done nonetheless.

3ObZpP3.png

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG 777" to "The Flight Plan Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I want to plan an NZAA-SECL ETOPS-330 route, even if there isn't a real world T7 flight covering it in the real world.  LAN currently operates an A340-300 flight on that segment.  

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)