Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

How to make better landings in the 320?

OK so I'm a rookie to the A320 and my landings are pretty poor usually In the -350 to-250 rpm though these aren't bad I usually land the 777 and NGx at less than -100 fpm.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Keep the thrust up until 30 ft AGL.

And manually counteract the following small pitch down effect of the fly-by-wire, blending into ground law. EDIT: flare mode, my mistake.

Related popcorn threads:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/74364-airbus-a320-landing-rates/?hl=%2Bflare+%2Blaw#entry531092

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73461-airbus-a320-321-flare-technique/?hl=%2Bflare+%2Blaw

Edited by olli4740

Don't listen to that fella in the cockpit judging your cognitive abilities either ! :)

Don't listen to that fella in the cockpit judging your cognitive abilities either ! :)

Hahahaha

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Below 50 ft AGL the bus will switch into flare mode. When it does you gently flare and hold! the stick because in flare mode the input to the elevators will not be held automatically (as in normal flight mode). When 20 ft AGL you move the throttle to idle and let it "glide" to the ground. A bit of practice is needed not to pitch up too much when flaring (then it will bounce off the runway). I try to use the end of the runway as a visual reference to avoid extensive flaring.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Its a matter of training, nothing else. Have a look here: www.fsipanels.com

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Seriously. practice, practice then practice some more. Ya aint gonna keel nobody.

Actually in a different thread this was discussed. What really improved my landings in the Aerosoft Bus was to add 5 knots to V app, retard at 50 then gently pitch up. Gives me super smooth landings.

Has anybody else seen on the MCDU that when they select a STAR the speeds seem absurdly high for the last couple waypoints right before the runway? Like they say something like 400/2300 or something like that. Now I've just manually changed these each time but is there a way where it will calculate the correct speeds for those waypoints? I don't know what happens if you don't change them because I always do. Does the plane really approach the runway at 400KTS? 

Has anybody else seen on the MCDU that when they select a STAR the speeds seem absurdly high for the last couple waypoints right before the runway? Like they say something like 400/2300 or something like that. (...)

If it's 'small print' you can ignore it: The interpolations are wrong and Aerosoft haven't (yet?) corrected them. The hard restrictions should be correct, though.

As for adding speed to the calculated Vapp: adding 3 kts results in pretty much the correct attitude/pitch on short final. May help with the flare and touchdown stuff.