Sign in to follow this  
nelsly

Loss of atc chatter inRC ver 4.3 in p3d ver 2.1

I had atc chatter for awhile during the first flight but now it is gone even though I have it checked in the interface. I do get the AI chatter but not the installed atc chatter files. Any ideas as to what happened?????

Thanks

Nels

First test:

Bring up voice selection tab in RC without running FS. Click one of the first few voices. You should hear a phrase using your last selected airline on the general tab.

If you are talking about the ATC Chatter option which goes by ai present, then make sure Interact with AI is checked.

If you are talking about the semi random Prerecorded chatter, we do not recommend that as it just clutters the audio performance.

Check your FS audio sound panel insuring FS ATC audio  is turned down to avoid confusion.

RC plays all its sounds through your master and wav mixer settings in Windows.

Be sure your fsuipc is up to date from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

as this is where you get a much newer version than the distribution version. It was recently updated for P3D version 2.1. Install the full then interim version on top of it.

You should also grab the latest makerwys.exe and also for analysis Traffic Look (all freeware) from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and after installing makerwys.exe in your FS folder runthe RC scenery rebuild again.

Traffic Look runs in its own window and with P3D running shows AI present within the ai rendering range of FS. You can alt-tab between that and your sim or if you have two monitors one or each. You can also use the windowed version of each.

Be sure you test at a busy time for your test airport.

When RC runs, it only plays chatter for the frequency you are on such as ground, tower, approach, departure, or center and center is divided into the defined vertical altitude strata and its jurisdictional areas (FIRs).

All wavs used by RC are in the winwood folders and then in the scripts folder are the phrase translations used that define the wav file names.

Finally, be sure you have set RC up with a shortcut to with its properties set to run as admin. In Win 7 you set it on the first properties screen, then click advanced and set it also in the second properties screen, then OK, Apply, OK to close all out.

If you are missing any folders/files you will need to install RC again. As long as you put it in the same HD and folder, your current key is good. For safety make a backup copy of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat in a separate folder outside of RC for backup.

er

What don't you understand? We need to test your audio setup, presence of necessary files, clarification if you are talking about prerecorded chatter, ai chatter, or both, RC settings in the general option tab, and presence of ai.

This to me is logical order for troubleshooting.

I also encourage you to take advantage of filling out your hardware and software setups in your AVSIM profile. This can give a lot of information when you ask for support anywhere on AVSIM.

Thanks, I got it sorted in the fact that not all airports and countries have the pre recorded atc chatter. It depends where you fly. If I fly in NA it seems it's there but some other countries it is not. Is there a way to turn this chatter down if you use it???

Thanks

Nels

Here's what you can do regarding RC's wav volume  for both ai chatter and prerecorded chatter. Both use the same wav mixer output in Win.

Adjust the Win wav and master mix outputs to where you want the ATC pilot and controller voices. Then in the sim adjust the various audio outputs for the ambient ambient sound. Balance as desired and once balance is satisfied adjust the master for overall volume.