Sign in to follow this  
Ichabod1565

Another " how will this run fsx" question

Hi... Wondering how this pc will run fsx with scenery/ airport/ aircraft add ons... Found it on Craig's list for 800$ Lightly used.. Is that a fair price ?..... I've always been a apple user so ... Pc's I know nothing about!!... Thanks for the help in advance.. CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD + 1TB Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB

Case: Raidmax Atlas Mid Tower

Power Supply: Corsair 500W

Optical Drive: Asus DVD/CD Writer

Case Fan: (2) 120mm Green LED Fans

This PC features USB 3.0, which is 10x faster than USB 2.0, an SSD with speeds of 550 MB/s, and the latest Intel processor. The computer is worth over $900. I am looking for $800 obo. I am also selling my Sidewinder X4 gaming keyboard.

I'm not sure I would pay that price, especially as it's not a 4570K so you can not overclock it.

If you want to get a good idea of what it's worth, rebuild the exact same system at newegg.com and compare it to the price he is asking for the same system but used.

It will run fsx with addons on medium settings I think.

2 limiting factors:

CPU: pretty low clock and you cannot overclock it. This is the most limiting factor.

GPU: 660 is comparable to 750 performance, which is the lower end of the current gtx model range.

You can also choose the core i5 4670k, as FSX will not use the hypertreading fuctions of the 4770k. Saves you a 100$. Overclock to 4.4Ghz and you'll be fine!