Sign in to follow this  
kstjohn

SDK for PMDG 737NGX

Is there a PMDG SDK for the 737NGX?  Is there one for any other model?

If so how do you get it?

I believe it comes with Service Pack 1c. You can find the link on the NGX page of PMDG's website.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Thanks Lashrathius - I unzipped 1c and only found the Eula and Application. Should it have highlighted itself as an SDK or does it appear when the Application is installed - do you know?

The SDK will be there when you install 1c. I think it should appear in both your start menu and FSX directory once you install it.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The $70 application purchase is a hard one to make for a student. Since it's non-refundable, it seems impossible to know ahead of purchase what's in it or whether it will suit my needs for my new cockpit design. Kind of a catch-22 for me anyway. Is there SDK documentation that I can download or review? I'd hate to spend $70 and not be able to use it with my build.

If you have enough money to have a setup that needs SDK, you have 70 dollars...

If you have enough money to have a setup that needs SDK, you have 70 dollars...

haha - that would be my argument, too.

At the same time, part of the reason $70 is tough is that hardware is often expensive.  I remember being a student.  Then again, I also remember blowing tons of money on crap beer and on my car...

Kyle Rodgers

I get the situation, I was a student once, in a central european country - no money to spare, really.

In any case I had a cheap laptop barely good enough for FSX and a second-hand set of controls... definitely not something that needed to interface with the SDK.

I would agree if the take was "70 dollars is not a little sum, I'd like to know that I am not just throwing the money out if I can't use it with my such-and-such-hw", but to pull the "poor student" angle seems weird to me.

Wow, didn't expect those responses. I'm majoring in aeronautical engineering. I'm working my way thru school looking for ways to stay there not spending on crap beer or cars. Our group's graded senior project is to build  a working flight simulator. We have pooled what little extra money we have in order to purchase the flight model and basic components which we'll use to build our own interface as well as a learning experience. If you're trying to be clever with your comment re enough money to consider an SDK, it had the opposite effect. Also, hard as it is to believe, not everyone goes to school to party and not everyone has the luxury of spending money on crap beer and cars. Have a little compassion guys and if that's hard for you then limit your replies to something constructive. Based on the other replies which actually were helpful, we did purchase the 737NGX yesterday and it looks like the SDK will work just fine for us. So, hopefully this is the end of this thread and you can stop trying to be clever.

Wow, didn't expect those responses. I'm majoring in aeronautical engineering. I'm working my way thru school looking for ways to stay there not spending on crap beer or cars. Our group's graded senior project is to build  a working flight simulator. We have pooled what little extra money we have in order to purchase the flight model and basic components which we'll use to build our own interface as well as a learning experience. If you're trying to be clever with your comment re enough money to consider an SDK, it had the opposite effect. Also, hard as it is to believe, not everyone goes to school to party and not everyone has the luxury of spending money on crap beer and cars. Have a little compassion guys and if that's hard for you then limit your replies to something constructive. Based on the other replies which actually were helpful, we did purchase the 737NGX yesterday and it looks like the SDK will work just fine for us. So, hopefully this is the end of this thread and you can stop trying to be clever.

I wasn't casting aspersions, I was simply stating the fact that I also spent what little money I did have on terrible beer and (fixing my) car.  It was to comically illustrate how poor college kids are.  No need to get defensive about it.  Both of us have been there.  That's what we were saying.

Also, for what it's worth, if you asked my friends about my college years, they'd tell you that they had to drag me out to parties (if they could even get me out), so yes, I know college isn't all about partying.

Not knowing what you wanted to be able to do, specifically, I couldn't answer your question, so don't get huffy with me for not being "helpful."

Kyle Rodgers