Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

... nm before T/D

hi folks

is there a way to set the the aircraft or sim to pause x nm before t/d, for ex: 140 nm to compleet checklists and dastination weather check etc.  we have the option in the fmc to pause AT t/d wich is actually around 10 nm before. can we change that number ? 

thanks

Uhh.... just start your checks at 140 nm whilst it continues flying? It only takes about 10 minutes if that to do everything.

Best regards,

Robin.

I think what the OP wants is for it to pause at 140nm so he can go and do other things knowing that it'll pause.

Sadly I don't think it is possible.

sig01.png

That option was offered in the drop-down PMDG menu for the 747, but have not seen it in the T7.

There is also some pause at ....?....thingy in the FSX (not PMDG settings but FSX settings) settings somewhere.

Not sure what that does though.

Rob Robson

Thinks that's called the "P" key in fsx  just pauses  the sim that's all nothing  else. As mentioned earlier give your self  time  etc.  always can check the weather ahead by using what ever weather addon your using,  and by checking  the web for the charts etc  whilst  the aircraft is still flying

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I use ASN but the point is; in long flights, I set every thing and go doing other things when I come back I usually get the aircraft paused at 10miles before t/d, and no time to set any thing.

maybe pmdg can add this into the sp before its released ?

I see your problem, but you can still install the approach and prepare yourself during the initial descent. It takes 10-15 minutes which can be done while the plane is descending. 

Of course it's better to prepare everything while still cruising, but it can be done while descending too (sometimes in RL it must be done while descending, for example due to a runway change)

Or you can plan the length of your flight so that when you come back from doing stuff there's still 2 hours to go. I don't think it's good to leave the simulation paused for hours while you are away.

Also you could set up altitude constraints into the FMC so that T/D is 250 NM from the airport. Once you get back to the cockpit simply readjust your descent and you'll have further 120 NM (15 minutes) of cruising.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Also you could set up altitude constraints into the FMC so that T/D is 250 NM from the airport. Once you get back to the cockpit simply readjust your descent and you'll have further 120 NM (15 minutes) of cruising.

Good point.

I usually get the aircraft paused at 10miles before t/d, and no time to set any thing.

If you don't set up approach, it will usually place the T/D earlier along the route. So almost always when you start configuring approach, you will end up moving T/D further.

Or you can program a holding pattern 160nm before destination.

Rob Robson

I usually get the aircraft paused at 10miles before t/d

Sounds like you need to set your descent at an earlier point in your LEG.  My flight always pause around 120-130 Nms before the destination when I sent my descent 2 waypoints before the destination.

PMDG settings settings somewhere.

Simulation page 4/6 in FMC's Options menu.

Harry Sung

ok, i ll try it when im back home.  BTW you think it's too late for this feature tu be add into sp1 ?

There is also some pause at ....?....thingy in the FSX (not PMDG settings but FSX settings) settings somewhere.

Not sure what that does though.

Believe that is the pause on task switch that you're referring to. What is does is if you leave the simulator window for some reason, like pull up the Internet or something, the simulator will pause automatically.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.