Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

What is the maximum range WITHOUT the aux tanks? Do you know which airline use this tanks?

Hello everybody!

Is there someone who can tell me the maximum range of the PMDG 777-200LR WITHOUT installed aux tanks? I´m asking becouse i installed these tanks in my PMDG T7, but i really can´t find a route to use them. Is not the range of this aircraft more that enough without these extra-tanks?

Do you use them?  What about the "real" 777-200LR operators: Are these aux tanks installed in Delta -200LR´s? 

I hope that you can answer my questions! 

Rumors are that air canada is now fitting their LR with the AUX tanks, speculations are that they will offer a non stop flight from CYYZ to YSSY instead of going to CYVR first. But again, these are rumors.

Rumors are that air canada is now fitting their LR with the AUX tanks, speculations are that they will offer a non stop flight from CYYZ to YSSY instead of going to CYVR first. But again, these are rumors.

Okay, thank you! But do you now how far i could fly without any AUX tank? 

For the Passenger at maximum takeoff weight somewhere over 9000nm. For the freight at Max takeoff weight about 5000nm

I have already flown my Emirates 777 from OMDB to KLAX. Emirates doesn't use AUX tanks, but as far  as I am aware this is the longest flight done in the 777 (300ER IRL).

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I have already flown my Emirates 777 from OMDB to KLAX. Emirates doesn't use AUX tanks, but as far  as I am aware this is the longest flight done in the 777 (300ER IRL).

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure that Emirates don´t use these AUX tanks? OMDB - KLAX?! Wow... This is an 16 hours flight. This means that the range of the -200LR without extra tanks is more than enough. 

Why is there an option to add these AUS tanks? 

The record to longest flight by an airliner is held by the LR done by Boeing during a test from asia to England traveling east, the long way around, somewhere over 22 hours.

I read somewhere that Emirates bought the LR operate non stop from Dubai to LA, but they use the 300ER instead which has a slightly shorter range.

Longest flight according to wiki:

Qantas: Sydney - Dallas 747-400er 7400 nM

(Dallas-Sydney has 1 stopover)

Delta: Johannesburg - Atlanta 777-200lr 7300nM

Emirates: Dubai-Los Angeles A380 7200 nM

You will get to a point where passengers will rather do a stop then fly for 20+ hours straight.

Combined with the fact that aux tanks takes up space, weight and burns more fuel to carry its extra fuel, aux tanks are not popular.

The 777-200LR does its job best without them. But in the aviation world you never know :)

Also read this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420177-777-with-1-or-3-aux-tanks-which-airlines-purchased-it/

To answere your other question. You can setup a specific aircraft with or without aux tanks in the operation center.

Max ranges according to Boeing:

* 777-200 = 5240 nm (31,000 U.S. gal)

* 777-200ER = 7725 nm (45,220 U.S. gal)

* 777-200LR = 9395 nm (Three optional fuel tanks - 53,515 U.S. gal)

Best regards,

Robin.

Okay guys!

I just found the Boeing 777 performance summary, where you can find the datas for our -200LR (you have to scroll down in this document):  http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/startup/pdf/777_perf.pdf

These are the following ranges  for the different Boeing 777-200LR configurations, with MTOW and full passenger payload : 

Fuel capacity                             Design range

Boeing 777-200LR "Basic":                                                           181,280L (47,890 u.s.gal)           8,295nmi (15,360km)

Boeing 777-200LR "Maximum" (GE90-115BL):                           181,280L (47,890 u.s.gal)           8,665nmi (16,045km)

Boeing 777-200LR "Maximum with three AUX TANKS":           202,570L (52,515 u.s.gal)           9,395nmi (17,395km)

Now we all know that the maximum range of our PMDG 777-200LR (which has the GE90-110) is 8,295nmi - 8,665nmi without any optional fuel tank. Wow! I can´t really find a reason to add these aux tanks^^. 

No airline currently uses the aux tanks. Boeing offers the option and I think a few originally had it but had them taken out after they proved to be less useful than more load carrying capacity.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No airline currently uses the aux tanks. Boeing offers the option and I think a few originally had it but had them taken out after they proved to be less useful than more load carrying capacity.

Tank you! Ok, i see. Maybe there will be a non stop flight from London to Australia in the future^^. Than these aux tanks will be useful, i think. Otherwise the range 15 - 16000km without aux tanks is more than enough, right?! ^^