Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Flew one of the missions again...

7Tka6NC.jpg

The search and rescue mission is probably my favorite -- has a really nice ambiance and it's a nice flight. Too bad the mission system wasn't used much further.

I came across a screenshot of the Flight Mission Editor on a developer's portfolio:

lge5qkH.png

Looked really promising, especially compared to the FSX Object Placement Tool.

Here's hoping Seltz and others on the team find new homes if they haven't already. They did good work.

I remember in Tutorial 1 .... that path that had to be taken to land.

It was at the corner of my eye and I couldn't navigate to the runway since it was such as steep bank! I just wish I could get my hands on those tools....

Some nice, interesting information to post Orion.

Thanks!

Yeah it is sad.  The tools were vastly improved for Flight over what they were in FSX.  Too bad.

It still upsets me no end every time I fire up flight, to think about what might have been. Too bad that Alaska was not really finished out with all the seaplane bases and a real float plane, all that beautiful water. As for Hawaii, I still can't get enough of it.

Steve

It still upsets me no end every time I fire up flight, to think about what might have been. Too bad that Alaska was not really finished out with all the seaplane bases and a real float plane, all that beautiful water. As for Hawaii, I still can't get enough of it.

Steve

yeah, same with me! It's a shame...

I get back into flight (or anything!) much less often lately, but when I do get the urge to try FLIGHT, its usually with that same pang of regret at all of that potential left untapped, and a sigh for all that might have been.

Flight has its flaws, mostly in things it shares with FSX, but just like FSX, those things all were addressable in one way or another. A shame nobody had the patience to just stick with it a while.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Unfortunately, no one bothered to just take a second look after Flight's closure. It someone had done... things would be so different by know....

I believe that all hopes of development are over. Well.... its either developing quickly with Microsoft's internal tools or developing slowly with no tools and instead using pure scripting!