Sign in to follow this  
Raija

FSX 32 bit + windows 8.1 64 bit

So, I decided to load up FSX 32 bit, yes I do plan on getting 64 bit or even X plane 10 64 bit.   But this is a close learning tool.

Anyway back to my question

I normally fly the stock CRJ 700 Bombadeer regional jet at full gross weight.

When I hit shift e then 1 2 3 4 I notice that the cargo truck try's to drive through my tail section where the cargo door is at rather than drive around and load it in through there. 

On it's way back to parking, the truck somehow collides with my plane I dunno what is causing that, and I was wandering if there is a mod for smart vehicals that won't just crash right into your plane, if so let me know thank you for your services.

I don't think this is a Windows 8 matter. Happens to me too in W7 64

This is an FSX "feature".

The baggage unloader approaches all planes from the right side.

Unfortunately the CRJ's baggage door is on the left side of the plane.

Whoops.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I noticed this on a flight I just tried.  In the aircraft.cfg file I noticed that exit1 is labeled as an emergency door

instead of being labeled as a cargo door.  I just changed mine and will see what happens on the next flight.

Maybe this will ghive an incentive to the baggage loader to approach the door correctly.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FSX only comes as a 32bit application. It is not available as a 64bit application. You can add the service pack that makes the 32bit FSX.exe LAA (large Address Aware) giving you a little more headroom on your 64bit OS.

As for the default ground equipment.

A payware version of Aerosoft AES works like a charm. It is free and does work for free on many airports but you must pay for many others (A full list is at the link below).

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10333&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

As well GSX is available too, not as well defined as AES is but it works at almost every airport in FSX...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html