Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

How to add navdata to the G1000 in FSX

In terms of navdata within the G1000 and as it pertains to Australian data....it's not good at all. Missing many crucial points, and, even if they're listed in the MFD, they don't show up in the actual database when scrolling through.

So, if I wanted to manually add navdata (ie waypoints, VOR's, etc) - is this achievable with the Carenado TBM850 G1000?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Steve, Nav data updating is not possible with Carenado's G1000. But if you use the Navigraph data in comination with Aivlasoft's EFB, you always have updated data. You can do the flight planning with this EFB and easily transfer to it to FSX. You can even update/change it during flight and all changes are represented in your G1000. This is the way I use many FX addons wich normally work with the outdated FSX Nav data only.

Regards,

Felix

Felix

Thanks Felix for the clarification.

Much appreciated!

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

You can even update/change it during flight and all changes are represented in your G1000. This is the way I use many FX addons wich normally work with the outdated FSX Nav data only.

very interesting, didn't know it could do that. i hadn't really checked EFB out because the price tag seems pretty steep but i'm gonna have to take a look at the demo.

cheers

-andy crosby

Yet another way is to use an RXP GNS530 as a popup navigation device.

Set LinkGPS=on and it will feed the G1000.

If you look around, you can get 2013 or even 2014 navdata for that unit..

Bert

That's what I have done, Thanks to Bert for his TBM Mods. Hi Bert, I hope you will consider getting the Phenom 100 I have the RXP530 with it and did a WAAS approach but no GS indicator showing in the PFD. That's where your great mods help. It's a fast bird will get you places quick.

Scott

Scott

My guess is that it is the same PFD as the TBM... try changing the panel.cfg and call the TBM's PFD in the VC... see what happens..

Bert

Yet another way is to use an RXP GNS530 as a popup navigation device.

Set LinkGPS=on and it will feed the G1000.

If you look around, you can get 2013 or even 2014 navdata for that unit..

That's interesting.  Set that...where?  Is that a workaround for all the old FSX data?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That's interesting.  Set that...where?  Is that a workaround for all the old FSX data?

Gregg

LinkGPS=on goes into the rxpgns.ini file for the aircraft.

The only thing it does, is feed the GNS530's  flightplan data to any glass gauges

in the panel, such as the G1000 in the TBM.  This is assuming that you have the GNS530 as

a popup and use it for flight planning..

Whatever navdata you have in the GNS530 is what is being used for the flightplan.

Bert

Hi all,

I still think that Carenado should come up to standard here. Outdated navdata is a NoGo for online flying, and with all the changes in procedures.... (SID's + STAR's) going on, the data is outdated after a few months......

And it's not so much about the actual Flightplan.... this can easily be compensated with a flightplanning tool, but departures and approaches....?

Just my 2 cent's

Suggest you contact Carenado and let them know your requirements.

As best I know, Carenado repackages the default FSX GPS - including whatever data it comes with..

Bert

Suggest you contact Carenado and let them know your requirements.

As best I know, Carenado repackages the default FSX GPS - including whatever data it comes with..

WILCO....

So, let me see if I understand this.  If I set up a flight plan in Aivlasoft EFB and save it to FSX the flight plan will be loaded into the G1000?  If I change the flight plan in flight in EFB it will automatically change the plan in the G1000?  If you select a STAR or SID in EFB then save to FSX that will show up in the G1000?

Or install the GNS530 as a popup, Make the change to the rxpgns.ini and the 530 will feed the G1000?  That is very cool.

Don't know about EFB, but the GNS530 works as you describe.

Bert