Sign in to follow this  
Beedan

T7 Contrails

Hello Captains,

I have recently came across a problem with my T7, it is where i am not seeing Contrails coming from my T7 above FL340.

Image:

Test to show me cruising at FL380!

dIpsrCZ.jpg

Any Help would be great, i did get them before but now i am not getting any. 

Thanks

Note

*I have already reinstalled it a few times and contacted PMDG about it also*

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

What is the OAT?

Can't remember,

Why?

Could that after them?

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Can't remember,

Why?

Could that after them?

Contrails are made up of water vapour due to the heat coming from the engines hitting the cold air, thats what causes the artificial clouds to form. If the OAT is '-' a certain temp then the contrails will appear (correct me If I'm wrong). 

Could that after them?

Contrails are just frozen water.  Why don't you see contrails at lower altitudes?  It's too warm.

Temperature has everything to do with it...

Kyle Rodgers

Contrails are made up of water vapour due to the heat coming from the engines hitting the cold air, thats what causes the artificial clouds to form. If the OAT is '-' a certain temp then the contrails will appear (correct me If I'm wrong). 

I know about this anyway, just was wondering why i was not seeing them?

Contrails are just frozen water.  Why don't you see contrails at lower altitudes?  It's too warm.

Temperature has everything to do with it...

I know, but what temperature will they normally start at?

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

I know, but what temperature will they normally start at?

When water begins to freeze...

I know about this anyway, just was wondering why i was not seeing them?

So if you know about what he said, why did you ask why it mattered when someone asked you what the OAT was?  If OAT was above freezing then water won't freeze and you won't get contrails...

Kyle Rodgers

I just thought that my contrails were like bugged up or something else was wrong with the model?

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Ensure that the temperatures seem correct (as specified through FSX/Weather engine used, and the EICAS). Make sure it is within the negative numbers; if it is not then the cause for no contrails is, as specified, due to the temperature being too warm for the water particles to freeze. 

I'd imagine this to be very rare up at FL340, but it may be incorrectly configured weather causing this. Just change the weather a few times via your FSX toolbar to varying degrees and you'll see that each time (changing from positive to negative) it will be different. It may need to be cooler than -1 before contrails start to form as at such temperature it may not trigger the instant freezing of the particles.

Hope this helps.

Edit: In addition, ensure you only click the post button once as you accidentally made a double post (there is a second topic made by you under this name). I advise that you delete the thread.

-Luke

To see the contrails, the OAT must be To -10/-12°C. If you fly at FL340 and the OAT is at -6°C, there will be no contrails...

The OAT can be seen on the EICAS