Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

RC4 sound through headphones?

Just wondering: in FSX it is possible to have default ATC through headphones and general aircraft sounds through speakers.

Is there any way, through INI settings or somewhere else, to have RC4 sound similarly ONLY through headphones e.g. choose different sound device for ATC?

I ask because in some aircraft, like Aerosoft Twin Otter, the engine noise is so loud that it drowns out the RC4 ATC, even if I turn down the FSX Engines sound slider.

Cheers,

Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I'm doing just that but it takes a 2nd cmptr. The sim on one, RC and support software on the 2nd (where controllers are in my ear), and JetMax instruments on the 3rd. WideFS is a beautiful thing.

Doug

doug@jdtllc.com

Just wondering: in FSX it is possible to have default ATC through headphones and general aircraft sounds through speakers.

Is there any way, through INI settings or somewhere else, to have RC4 sound similarly ONLY through headphones e.g. choose different sound device for ATC?

I ask because in some aircraft, like Aerosoft Twin Otter, the engine noise is so loud that it drowns out the RC4 ATC, even if I turn down the FSX Engines sound slider.

Cheers,

Stuart Hyett

You can try http://www.indievolume.com/

Ohsirus, I had seen Indivolume mentioned in another forum but at around £25 it is rather expensive to achieve something simple for single application.

Maybe if there is no alternative I may consider it in the future.

One other route is to try and turn down the engine sound a tad to enable ATC (RC4) to be heard!

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

To balance RC sounds against the ambient sounds in the sim adjust the .wav slider in your card or Win audio mixer to get RC ATC where you want it. Then adjust the ambient sliders in the FS sound mixer to get the balance you wish. (RC ATC plays directly through your wav mixer. You can use the voices tab in RC and when you click a pilot or controller the audio will play without FS running.) Then start up FS and adjust your system audio master if necessary for the overall mixed audio out.

Thanks Fonzie, I'll check that out. I think though that RC4 is quite loud enough through my headset, it's just that adjusting the FSX engine volume slider down to minimum made no difference to the engine volume through my headphones! I may also try adjusting downwards slightly some parameters in the DH6 sound.cfg to see if that helps.

Any other thoughts?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373