Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Textbook perfect

I am proud to say that last night, while flying the RNAV approach into VNKT, I executed a perfect CFIT.  Textbook.  I was stunned by the perfection.  I can now say that I've accomplished the CFIT maneuver, perfectly.  :wub:

Kattz out.

Congrats. It's always a great feeling when you accomplish something correctly.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Absolutely.  Not as complex of a maneuver as I thought.  I was kinda in shock and awe afterwards...

Kind of leaves you with an empty feeling. Next time I won't do that until the next time. Kind of strange how these planes have an affinty for the ground and they can always find it. I specialize in flying into mountains at night. Better luck next time.

I feel for you. I had my first a couple of years ago (I think. That's how it feels.) near Innsbruck. 

That approach into Kathmandu is almost as bad as Innsbruck...

I feel for you. I had my first a couple of years ago (I think. That's how it feels.) near Innsbruck. 

To me the most difficult approach there is is getting a Boeing 767 into runway 08 at LOWI, using the IGS approach and then visually manoeuvring around the airport and amongst mountains. The first couple times I tried in the simulator I crashed.

Way harder than Madeira or Kai Tak. Innsbruck is "the" airport to go and show your skills.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I find the visual part quite simple, after you try it in a small plane. They have nice charts with very well defined tracks and orientation points. Just make sure to turn soon enough, you don't want to hit the Rangger Koepfl. You really need to be turning by Axams.

I hit the hill somewhere near Gfas btw. during a botched G/A from RNAV RNP 26 in an unfamiliar equipment.

I hit the mountain range on the RNAV approach to VNKT 02.  I was following the RVAV path and saw this red blotch a mile or 2 in front of me and thought "OMG!" Disconnected the AP and tried to manually thread the needle at night and in heavy wx and ran right into another red blotch.  When I let the FMC run the numbers on the approach it avoids the red blotches. 

Disconnected the AP and tried to manually thread the needle at night and in heavy wx and ran right into another red blotch.

Everytime I see a red blotch, I engage full N1 and climb like a rocket  :P Although, it has only happened to me like twice though