Sign in to follow this  
ryreaves

Never Seen Problem For NGX and 777

I've flown both these aircraft for quite some time and have never experienced this problem before. Anyways, every single landing now in either of these aircraft causes the plane to bounce back up into the air. It's as if every one of my landings is a super hard landing but they are not. To test this I even floated the 737 down the runway on purpose and it still bounced right back up in the sky. The only thing I can say is I flew my Majestic Q400 right before this problem started,but I don't see how that could mess either of these aircraft up. I tried flying other aircraft such as the Airbus X and that plane isn't affected. Plus when I change between aircraft I chose the air creation, load it then exist FSX. The only noticeable change I added to FSX was a registered version of FSUIPC. The only settings I fiddled around with in that were the wind ones. I hope someone can help me pinpoint a solution to this as its quite annoying to see your planes act this way. 

The only noticeable change I added to FSX was a registered version of FSUIPC. The only settings I fiddled around with in that were the wind ones.

Did this problem start right after the installation and / or changes of wind settings inside FSUIPC? I'm almost certain that this is causing your problem. I don't know what your wind settings are, but maybe try to troubleshoot by disabling (unchecking) all boxes on FSUIPC's wind tab, except for the wind smoothing ones: check them all. Do you have a weather engine / add-on?

Regards,

Ralf

I ticked what I had clicked on FSUIPC  to off then resumed flying  before I made the initial  post here and I still encountered the problem. Would I need to create an entirely new flight and then go ahead and try it? Also, I'm using the default FSX weather set to real world conditions. I do have other weather programs but as far as I know I cannot run FSX as admin if I am opening it via say ASE(thats why I use the default) . The problem started after I added FSUIPC and did that one Q400 flight. The only wind settings I bothered to enable in the first place  were to suppress turbulence, smooth only when airborne and smooth wind changes near aircraft I didn't change anything else.   It seemed fine with those FSUIPC settings in FSX until I did that one flight,which makes no sense to me. Also, I just did a flight with the Wilco Erj 145 and it isn't behaving abnormally either(it like the airbus x extended landed perfectly). 

I suppose the Q400 has nothing to do with it, but it looks like something corrupted some PMDG files. Would you consider de- and re-installing your PMDG products?

I'm using the default FSX weather set to real world conditions. I do have other weather programs but as far as I know I cannot run FSX as admin if I am opening it via say ASE(thats why I use the default) .

You still can run FSX as Administrator by clicking on the FSX icon as usual. The "Start FSX" button in Active Sky is only for your convienience.

Also, did you maybe add a new airport add-on to the sim that could cause this behavior?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

it isn't the same issue in that post. I am not hitting any sort of invisible object when I land.  If I were to run ASE without hitting the start FSX button what do I do? Do I just open ASE let it load and then go and hit the FSX button? Also, I may reinstall the aircraft if the problem still occurs. 

Do I just open ASE let it load and then go and hit the FSX button?

Yes, correct. Load ASE. Set it up. Minimize it. And then start FSX via the normal windows menu shortcut.

Okay thanks. Do you think it may make a difference regarding this problem if I try to use ASE? 

Is it happening  at every airport  that you land or just the one?   Have you tried uninstalling fsuipc to see if it solves your issues.

To you question above mine  don't think it will make a difference if you use ase or  any other weather  addon since  cant see causing  your issue here. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It is happening at pretty much any airport. I do have some new 'developments' in this. Earlier today I did a flight with the 737 800 and it landed without any problems whatsoever. I also used the default fsx weather set to real world conditions. Just now I completed a flight with the 737 900(ASE for weather) and instead of bouncing into the air, it caused fsx to 'freeze' for a second then jump the simulation a little faster  or so before continuing the landing roll(hope that makes sense).  I also did a 737 900 flight with the FSX default weather and it did the same thing. Lastly, I haven't yet tried uninstalling FSUIPC. I guess I will fly the 800 again and see what happens. 

Okay so I did another 737 800 and 737 900 flight. Both of them I used ASE and didn't experience any problem at all. I have yet to try the 737 700 or the 777. I'm  a little fearful to fly the Q400 again.. since this really is making no sense.

Alright I've done a bunch of flights with the 737 and a couple with the 777 and everything is fine again. Would anyone be able to explain why this happened in the first place and how to prevent it( I haven't touched my Q400 during this time)

( I haven't touched my Q400 during this time)

"touch" it and see what happens. Just to know.