Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Legacy N41VR almost ready

This is going to be my second paint ever....  it's basically done.... but I might add some outlines between the colors.  On the real plane it has the outlines and looks better but in FSX the lines are really jaggy so I'm not sure if they should stay or go....

Anyway, comments appreciated!  This has taken a long long time and I'd like to thank Ron Attwood and Sean Moloney (from RealAir) - they've really helped me learn this stuff!

One thing I learned while doing this was that I'm certainly no graphic artist - But I've seen so many amazing paints out there and I just HAD to try to be a creator rather than a user for once LOL!

I've also added a callsign to the VC so if you fly online you won't forget who you are hehe...

There's obviously some things that could be better but with my limited talent this is probably as far as I can go for now - though I learned a few things during this and amended my N36XX paint in the file libraries.  I intend to do the same to this one as I go.

4_3_14Flying1.jpg

4_3_14Flying2.jpg

4_3_14Flying3.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've been working on a paint of this plane. Aligning the paint on the underside of the nose is a booger!

Way to go Ryan! Looks good

I've been working on a paint of this plane. Aligning the paint on the underside of the nose is a booger!

If you have previous painting knowledge I'm positive yours will look excellent!  I feel pretty good about what I've done....  I literally had zero Photoshop knowledge and or working with layers.

You're right about the nose under section....  I can't get it right - I tried and tried argh!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I always want to learn but I always get frustrated!

But you've inspired me Ryan!

Ron here I come!

I haven't touched it in awhile. If I remember correctly you have to greatly exaggerate the curves. I'm a designer by trade and work with Photoshop everyday but I really get sick of closing and reopening FSX to check a paints alignment...is there an obvious solution I've missed?

Yes!!  Model Converter X

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/download-modelconverterx.14215/

This allows you to simply read the *.mdl file and quickly check alignment...  This saved me a lot of time - my "old" sata II ssd doesn't look very fast anymore with addons so a quick check was very helpful.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ron here I come!

Ryan was enough thanks! :rolleyes:

But good luck with it. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Wow,looks great.

nebojsa

Ryan was enough thanks! :rolleyes:

But good luck with it. :biggrin:

Muwahaha !!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |