Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Questions For Early Phenom Pilots

Hello To Any Early Pilots  -------

After reading the product page on the Carenado site, a bunch of questions pop out but can probably only be answered by actual owner/pilots.

Here are a few that have my interest and that of others I am sure. Not in any particular order.

1. G1000 features. Which operating features have been modeled and which ones have not?

2. G1000 data base? FSX? Navigraph? Both? (etc).

3. G1000 FLC and FADEC functions. Does they work correctly?

4. G1000 Weather Radar. Is it a "dumb" radar or does it utilize actual weather to develop plausible display patterns? (Like the RXP Radar).

5. G1000 Flight Planning. Does it work beyond simple plan input? For example, can you edit flight plans at any time? User defined waypoints -- can you specify and store?

6. Clickable panels? What works and does not work?

Just a few questions here to get started. Comparing strongly to both the F1 Mustang and Feelthere Phenom 100.

Info on product page is pretty thin.

Any comments and info much appreciated. Thanks !!!!  :P

Yay more CTRL-E eye candy.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm interested as well. Other than MS and F1, there are no decent G1000 renditions out there.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

I'm interested as well. Other than MS and F1, there are no decent G1000 renditions out there.

There, fixed it for you.  

We are not going to get a "decent" G1000 rendition from Carenado.  Back to the B200, such an amazing addon...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

MindStar G1000 is not decent?

Perhaps he thought I meant the default Microsoft G1000... I meant the MindStar.... Sorry for any confusion.

At the consumer level, MindStar (MS) has the best simulation, period... F1 does a really good job, and their integration (at least into the C182) is VERY good. MS's problem (from my perspective) is the difficulty in retrofitting it into other aircraft (in the VC).

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

MindStar G1000 is not decent?

I don't really consider it in the same category as aircraft addons.  Regardless I interpreted MS as "Microsoft", not "MindStar".  As an IT professional MS only means one thing to me... and it's not good.  :ph34r:

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

As an IT professional MS only means one thing to me... and it's not good.  :ph34r:

Seriously, tell us what you really think....

BTW: I agree. :)

Agreed, the default FSX Deluxe G1000 is very limited.

Carenado has been pretty good about supporting RXP, I wish they would do the same for F1 and MindStar since they seem determined to make glass cockpit aircraft.

In any case I would buy this plane even with it's just the Carenado G1000 as long as they simulate the FADEC and FLC functions. Being able to input a Direct To without losing the flightplan would be nice too.

Barry Friedman

Ridiculous how you spend $40 on a plane and then more to actually make that plane to work like it should. I would be embarassed reading forums being beaten up about the same thing that can be resolved probably with and extra $5 price tag and a license agreement with Flight1.

Ridiculous how you spend $40 on a plane and then more to actually make that plane to work like it should. I would be embarassed reading forums being beaten up about the same thing that can be resolved probably with and extra $5 price tag and a license agreement with Flight1.

Where's my "like" button! ;) Would love to see some level of cooperation between those companies who do avionics well and those who do eye candy well. But, alas...  

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Agreed, the default FSX Deluxe G1000 is very limited.

Carenado has been pretty good about supporting RXP, I wish they would do the same for F1 and MindStar since they seem determined to make glass cockpit aircraft.

In any case I would buy this plane even with it's just the Carenado G1000 as long as they simulate the FADEC and FLC functions. Being able to input a Direct To without losing the flightplan would be nice too.

I wish they would just stick to steam gauges or somthing like a lear 45 or 31

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Stock G1000 with extra fluff... similar to their TBM, Cirrus, T182 etc...  I can't really input a flight plan, the controller isn't working very well... but it seems to accept one if I could get the darn knobs working properly.

FADEC doesn't seem to work well for me, there's really no detents, but I'm only into the beginnings - haven't touched the manual yet.

FPS are not great - maybe like the old F1 Mustang, maybe a little better.  I tested in heavy weather and Orbx addon airport/scenery and saw 13-15 fps.  Default cessna gets about 22 there.

FLC doesn't work for me - it says IAS on the PFD but the nose doesn't change attitude based on set speed.  IE - my speed was bleeding off while the attitude remained constant.

I'm still evaluating hand flying and performance numbers.

Is it bad that the instant I installed it I added my trusty RXP 530W with ini file lol?  Still it's a bizjet and we have too few of them!!

And yay, just had a CTD after pulling the power levers back in mid flight.... no idea what that was about!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FLC doesn't work for me - it says IAS on the PFD but the nose doesn't change attitude based on set speed. IE - my speed was bleeding off while the attitude remained constant.

Hello Ryan --- well, this statement alone is very troublesome. The lack of FLC on the 850 was bad enough. As we know, FLC works fine in both the Mustang and the Feelthere Phenom. Thanks for the information. Disappointing but expected. I really wanted this great looking plane to be a winner.

I'm not too dissapointed.... I set my expectations low lol....  I'm always looking for a cool bizjet.

Another thing I found is the speed tape vmo/mmo value won't change with altitude......

But RXP would well as a popup and I can see my leg info on the PFD and MFD so I'm generally happy.

No offense to anyone here but some people expect Carenado to have some amazing G1000 with navigraph support.  Pigs will fly before that happens.

Sounds are good, VC and interior is nice as usual... exterior pretty good but unless I'm zoomed way in I tend to get jaggies on the model - doesn't happen with their other ones for some reason.

p.s.  Has anyone found the pitot heat switch?  I can't seem to find it it's probably right under my nose!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |