Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Questions For Early Phenom Pilots

I've got the engines ATR-adjusted for -11Celsius takeoff, the FLC is clearly actively controlling the engines to hold 185 knots (dialed in)

On the real GFC 700, FLC mode does not control the engines. It controls the pitch of the aircraft to maintain a certain speed regardless of the power setting.

The Phenom 100 does not have an autothrottle and no autopilot mode will adjust power settings to maintain airspeed.

Stock G1000 with extra fluff... similar to their TBM, Cirrus, T182 etc...  I can't really input a flight plan, the controller isn't working very well... but it seems to accept one if I could get the darn knobs working properly.

Thanks for the report, Ryan. It is, unfortunately, as I expected. Seems the same as in X-Plane with the King Air, all manpower goes into wipers and rain ...

I'm hesitating to buy this product... It's critical for me that there is no customazed FMS navigation date things..  like a PMDG.

In my country(South-korea), many VOR names and air-routes have changed. So I can't make realistic flight plan with the default FSX waypoints.

Well. I don't know..

(Sorry my poor English)

Dogang, you would need a plane that uses Navigraph, review their site, at www.navigraph.com. They will have a list. Carenado planes are not on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hesitating to buy this product... It's critical for me that there is no customazed FMS navigation date things..  like a PMDG.

In my country(South-korea), many VOR names and air-routes have changed. So I can't make realistic flight plan with the default FSX waypoints.

Well. I don't know..

(Sorry my poor English)

You would be better served getting the F1 Citation Mustang as it has Navigraph support. However, if you really want the Phenom, look at getting the Reality XP GPS. Not an ideal solution but it works.

Ryan,

Try adjusting the power settings immediately after pressing FLC. Some systems require a power level change to actually kick in the FLC command. Just a thought.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On the real GFC 700, FLC mode does not control the engines. It controls the pitch of the aircraft to maintain a certain speed regardless of the power setting.

The Phenom 100 does not have an autothrottle and no autopilot mode will adjust power settings to maintain airspeed.

Exactly which is why I say FLC is not working. If I select 200 kts the attitude would change (nose would lower) as I climb with a constant power setting. It does not in this plane.

In real life it's basically a stall prevention climb mode.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Exactly which is why I say FLC is not working. If I select 200 kts the attitude would change (nose would lower) as I climb with a constant power setting. It does not in this plane.

In real life it's basically a stall prevention climb mode.

I'll have to do some more tests later this weekend. I didn't get a chance to take a close enough look at the systems of this bird. She sure is pretty, but I got the impression that a few things were missing under the hood.

I'd really like to be wrong about that.

A bit more time in the pilot's seat and.....

(1) I was initially concerned about the high stall speed (clean) but finally found some credible data posted below. It is a fast plane, a fast wing, and stalls higher than the Mustang for sure. V2 at 107 KTS...

Limiting and Recommended Airspeeds:

•V1 (takeoff decision speed), flaps 1 | 102 KIAS

•VR (rotation), flaps 1 | 104 KIAS

•VMC, landing (icing conditions) | 97 KIAS

•VMC, landing (no icing conditions) | 86 KIAS

•V2 (takeoff safety speed), flaps 1 | 107 KIAS

•VFE (max flap extended)

•@10 degrees | 200 KIAS

•@26 degrees | 160 KIAS

•@36 degrees | 145 KIAS

•VLE (max gear extended) | 275 KIAS

(2) FLC has its own behaviors. Needs more pitch control in it to really be like traditional FLC functions.

(3) Weather radar appears unlike even the promo photos. I cannot locate any controls. Pretty dead.

(4) My earlier post about display FPS issues -- found some settings in FSX.CFG left off -- fixed.

(5) Map redraw rates very long on MFD at higher range settings.

In spite of a bunch of warts that need to be improved upon, this product is in a number of ways, a step up from the FeelThere bird. Hoping that Carenado will put some effort into the SPs and put some nice finishing touches on this VLJ.

Only thing I've found is you can adjust the weather radar range mode with the Range knob on the FMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

just a quick question. I always get the fsx message that my fuel slection is too low and I should control it with STRG+X....The Phenom is the only bird where I get this kind of message

I didnt change anything in the fuel load. Tried it with 100% fuel and with 70% fuel but always get the message

I guess the fault is on my side hm? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any hint

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry if I missed it in the pilots guide, but can somebody give me a step by step procedure on how to get to the weather radar scree, please?

Sorry if I missed it in the pilots guide, but can somebody give me a step by step procedure on how to get to the weather radar scree, please?

Rotate the FMS control on the MFD to move the mode select bug over to the far right when in the NAV mode.

What you see is what you get. Not much other than a non-controllable dummy display. If you want functional weather radar, install the Reality RXPW500 product which works.

Good Flying.

I bought it and went for my first flight tonight.  Generally I'm happy with what I see.  I was looking for a jet that I could get up in the air more quickly than the more complex airliners that I have (for those occasions when my time to fly is very limited) this seems to be at the right level for that purpose.  I did play around with the FLC mode but it seemed to act strange.  It would freeze my throttle (but never in the climb mode) and then the aircraft flew at whatever vertical speed setting I used...not quite sure what's going on there.

Does anyone know where to find the G1000_config.xml file that is referred to in the docs?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just did another quick test flight.....a few observations regarding FLC and FADEC:

FLC - Not working. Acting as an auto throttle / speed hold and not as a real FLC. When engaged, the aircraft was changing power settings to keep the selected airspeed. This was with the autopilot disengaged....no pitch commands were present on the Flight Director.

FADEC - Not working:

-Changing the thrust mode on the G1000 does not appear to have an effect on the available thrust.

-ITT spiked well into the red on startup. (with a 26C OAT)...FADEC should shut down the engine in the event of a hot start.

-On the ground, when the power levers were increased past the Max CRZ position, ITT increased into the red. (FADEC should prevent any temperature excursions)

Also...am I missing something, or is the Takeoff Configuration Test Button missing from the centre console?